Objective
SAT I (breakdown): 1660
ACT: 26
SAT II: None
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.81
UC GPA: 4.19
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 50/816
ELC?: Yes
AP (place score in parenthesis): AP European History (2) AP Biology (3) English Language (2)
IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
Senior Year Course Load: AP Calc, Ceramics, Econ H, Gov, AP Psych, Anatomy H
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): None lol

Subjective
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Cheer, Key Club
Job/Work Experience: Interned at a hospital for summer 2014, Interned at an animal shelter for 1st semester senior year
Volunteer/Community service: about 250 hours
Personal Statement: pretty strong

Other
Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes
Intended Major: Biology
State (if domestic applicant): CA
Country (if international applicant): U.S.
School Type: Large public, about 3000
Ethnicity: Asian
Income Bracket: $55,000
Hooks (URM, first generation college, research, etc.): None
Reflection
Strengths: GPA, Essays
Weaknesses: SAT/ACT was subpar, extracurriculars, AP scores

Post this in the UCR forum: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-riverside/

Where did you find out

@Ks1178: Not sure this post is legit since UCR does not offer the GAP (Guaranteed Admission Program) anymore to in-coming Freshman. Maybe wishful thinking.

Accepted with an invitation to the Honors college.
SAT: 2120, 760 W, 620 M, 740 CR, 11 Essay
UC GPA: 4.27
790 on US History SAT
Major: Public Policy, alternate: Ethnic Studies

Dip in grades sophomore year–due to a strengthening personal circumstance, explained it in additional information.

Sorry for my ambiguous wording in describing my ECs. I do not want to reveal my identity for the sake of privacy.

Extracurriculars:

• Founder, President of school organization for students who support Bernie Sanders’ presidential bid
  • Volunteer for Bernie Sanders’ campaign and representative for high school students for Bernie for my town’s Bernie association, organized a student coalition with my high school organization and 5 local universities.
    *Supervisor for a mountain restoration for a non-profit environmental organization with a focus on urban sustainable living
    *Intern for my state district assembly member, youngest intern they ever had
    *Member of “Aspiring Politicians” program for my district state senator, had to apply, will attend the state capitol with the senator this June
    *Mentor for at-risk youth/students in risk of not graduating HS
    *Captain of Academic Decathlon team, A LOT of medals
    *Captain of Mock Trial Team and Lead Defense Attorney, awards received, all cases were won
    *Publicity Chair for NHS
    *Elected member of student government
    *Water Polo
    *Swim

First essay was pretty cool. It was like a tour of my house and various reflections on things in my house, and my family that shaped me to be who I am today and to be appreciative of culture.

Second essay was also good. It was basically a journey through the obstacles I faced in my high school experience and an extended metaphor and recurring theme throughout it.

I have a couple thousand volunteer hours…not exaggerated, I actually kept time records. I would volunteer for about 6 hours a day in the summer.

I am from Southern California, URM: Mexican-American, Female

I applied to 6 other UCs: San Diego, Berkeley, LA, Irvine, Santa Cruz, Davis

I would move this thread to: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-riverside/

Son was accepted - Biochemistry.
Chancellor’s Scholarship

4.7/4.0 wGPA/uwGPA
ACT 33

ELC
URM

Has anyone still not heard?? I called admissions and she said they roll out all month but I am scared .