**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

Thank you!

I would still to try reach out through Admissions, ask for a Supervisor whom can give you a more definitive answer, but I would favor the pass/fail instead of dropping the class.

1 Like

I would call admissions and keep asking until I got someone that could give me good information and then could follow it up with an email so it is in writing. Also, is there someone affiliated with his homeschool program or a guidance counselor that could go to bat to help you get the info you need from USCD? These kids have gone through enough already and he should have some peace of mind about college! Best of luck.

Also, in my very limited experience, I have had good luck getting live people on the phone to give good answers. I feel like people are happy to help as much as they can. These experiences have been with SLO and UCLA but I would hope that USCD would be the same.

1 Like

My son (International student) has a similar problem. He wants to major in Cs/ce and has an undeclared major offer at Marshall. He also has Usc Viterbi where he can graduate in the major of his choice. As an international student, the fee differential with no aid is less dramatic than for Cal residents.

We are veering around to the view that while UCSD is a great school, the eventual career/future outcome may not be so different from studying at USC that one and half years of continuous anxiety as to whether he will get Cs major is not worth it.

USC is expensive!
I spoke to the UCSD admission. There are only 55 CS seats for Spring 2020, where there is 350 applicants already. Assume my D will get the required 3.30 GPA, my estimate is the chance of getting into CS is only 30% after 2 tries. Not worth the sweat. She is learning towards UIUC now.

Does anyone know if UCSD sends acceptance packages to international admits?

Yes but with Covid last year they didnā€™t send them internationally. Not sure about this year since in state kids got it.

Hello, just found out about this thread. Got accepted into UCSD for 2025 hello guys.

3 Likes

Congrats!! Itā€™s a wonderful school and an amazing campus!!

1 Like

Hello,

I got accepted into UC San Diego. Is there a deadline for the contract of maintaining admissions? Thanks

You must complete your SIR by May 1.

https://admissions.ucsd.edu/first-year/application-timeline.html

Wanted to ask an expert. Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the post, but do you know the numbers behind ucsd waitlist, number of ppl who got off vs total waitlist, etc.? I assume it starts moving around May 1st. Any idea how long it goes on?

Thanks

UCSD does not publish the waitlist information for this year until the waitlist is closed. When they start admitting off the waitlist will depend upon how many accepted students enroll by May 1. How many and how long the waitlist remains open, again depends upon how many spots are avaialble. Last year, some of the UC waitlist did not close until July.

Previous waitlist information is available here: **UCSD Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion**

I got the package and I am international living in Japan

Congrats!! Are you living in Tokyo? Are you attending an international school? Just curious because my sons attended an international school over there about five years ago. The oldest is attending UCSD this fall.

Just wanted to say, my son finally submitted his SIR and is UCSD-bound. It was the obvious choice since all admissions came in, but it was still hard to pull the trigger, maybe especially saying no to the others. Kinda hard to say no to other great schools that would offer great experiences. But he is really excited about UCSD and his major, and certain it is the best choice. FWIW, Mathematics-Computer Science major.

Best wishes to all.

5 Likes

Nice! Is your son attending the SPIS program this summer?

http://spis.ucsd.edu/?fbclid=IwAR3PzQtV0wzTcMbFLVu8f-CkSBezuSlWM0tsLEpE7ng3ZM9pJf-K9k6xwr4

Unfortunately, itā€™s doubtful. Heā€™s a pretty advanced CS student, and so doesnā€™t really need that portion of the program. He could for sure benefit from the networking, meeting professors, other students, and some of the other content. But itā€™s all remote this year, and I just canā€™t imagine that those benefits would come through well-enough online. Not $1100. worth anyway. BUT Iā€™ve told him about it, and we shall see. If it were on campus, it would almost be a no-brainer.

Yea Tokyo and an international school haha what a small world

Hey same here OOS math - CS (2nd choice) haha. Do you know which aspect of this is different from just CS major (other than the more advanced math classes)?

The website just says that it is not the same as CS, and I couldnā€™t find course listings