**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

Oh. Which school? Both our sons went to KAIS in Meguro.

Oh wow I lived in Meguro and ik Kais. I am going to CIS

I believe Math - Comp Sci is not in the CS Dept. I don’t know if it has priority for CS classes.

1 Like

Found it.

2 Likes

wow thx. paid deposit fee yesterday! going to UCSD

My D committed to UIUC Comp Sci, forgoing UCSD undeclared last night.

3 Likes

damn UIUC CS is amazing. Congrats and good luck to your daughter

Son had tough choices to make. He was in at UCSD Math/CS, which was cool, but committed to UCI CS yesterday and he now seems fired up about becoming an Anteater, zot zot zot! Waiting still on GT and UCLA, but those aren’t likely. 3/400+ in class with good ECs and A’s in 4 CC math classes weren’t good enough apparently. Zot zot zot!

1 Like

Just committed to UCSD psychology today. Go Tritons! So excited :heart::heart:

6 Likes

UCI CS is good. Nice campus, easy access to neighborhood mall.
UCSD Math/CS is mostly Math, not much CS.

He is good enough to get accepted to other schools. It’s a crap shoot. Some kids get accepted to UCLA but declined by UCSD.

I know few kids this year who got rejected by all UCs except UCB.

Each UC has different criteria for admission.

wish I knew what it is so that I could’ve gotten into UCLA or Berkeley hahaha

1 Like

Wish we knew too :wink:

I committed to UCSD a while back, can they take away my admission if I wasn’t able to take one or 2 classes that I wrote I was planning on taking. I am a running start student and the classes I wrote weren’t available when I was registering

If there is a schedule change, then you need to update with UCSD admissions. Yes, they can rescind if your UC application information does not match up with your transcripts. It should not be an issue but they do need to be contacted.

How should I explain my situation? And can they take away my admission?

I don’t think this will be a reason for them to take away the admission. (Unless you are in California HS and you do not meet their subject type requirement
?)

Which courses did you list that you cannot take? As stated above, are they a-g UC course requirements not yet fulfilled or just additional courses beyond the minimums? They are community college courses?