**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

i’ll ask when i call but i very much doubt they work weekends

I understand that students want to know, but let’s not call the admission office. Let them do their job without interfering. I can not imagine how stressful and nonsense they must feel every time someone asks when the decisions will be released.

4 Likes

On the contrary, the session is not for the admitted students, but for the applicants. Why do you need to understand the admission process after admission? I guess the decision may not come out today, instead, it could be late next week. The last session of virtual admission advising is on 3/18, Thursday. Just some thoughts, I of course hope it comes out today.

## VIRTUAL ADMISSIONS INFORMATION SESSION
Join us to learn more about the admissions process, academic programs and campus life.

Great Point!

it may not be related-- i was on an info session a couple of weeks ago to demonstrate continued interest for another school, and it was mostly current juniors. could the info session just be for current juniors thinking about applying next year?

I agree that we don’t want to call the office. They won’t tell anyway. But, the schools can do a better job by communicating a clear timeline in advance, so that people don’t get so much stressed out. Schools like Georgia Tech, UCSB, UF emailed the applicants about the exact date, even time to check their decisions. Transparency eliminates a lot of rumors and uneasiness.

7 Likes

Decision release dates:
2020, 3/13 Friday;
2019, 3/22 Friday;
2018, 3/16 Friday.

I think decisions will be released either today or the next Friday. I will be happy if it’s today, but thinking of the large number of applicants, the next Friday would be more realistic. Who knows, let’s hope for today.

2 Likes

FYI, The UCs do not track demonstrated interest.

2 Likes

thanks, it was for a private school:)

1 Like

I’m seeing my son’s UCSD portal for the first time. It says “Please complete the APPLICATION CHECKLIST and FORMS listed below so we can finalize the review of your application.” The Application Checklist isn’t clickable, and the 3 forms listed all have green checkmarks, so I assume everything is done, but the message “…so we can finalize the review of your application” has me concerned. Is this what everyone has?

I have that also. With green checks against each item.

I think everyone has that no need to worry :slight_smile:

Thank you! As a parent I’ve been pretty relaxed about this whole thing until I just saw that on his portal lol. Glad to hear he did what he needed to do.

1 Like

My speed reading skills have deteriorated.

4 Likes

wait what are the forms? are they the things with the green check marks?

Yes. The green check marks indicate that you’ve filled them out.

If decisions are being released today shouldnt the portal have been closed for the past few days to input decisions? I don’t think it will be today perhaps next friday.

I’m not exactly sure, but I know UCR wasn’t down for a long time before it released admissions.

Was the whole site down or just the portal area for UCR?

At least in my experience (which is not with UC schools) for all of the previous schools I have gotten decisions from the portal looked basically normal nothing closed down before decision release, so if UCs are anything like that I don’t think that’s a factor…of course that’s excluding whatever people are saying about forms I’m not sure what that is.

1 Like