**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

Feel like he will get into UCLA and CAL

He was already rejected at UCSB, and waitlisted at UCSC and UCI.

iā€™m uncertain! iā€™m also from the area and would like to know. definitely in state gives advantage, but honestly the UCā€™s are hard to gauge due to test blind policies. students with very high stats seem to have been denied from schools like uc-santa cruz as well, likely due to the school not viewing them as a good fit for the school. what other UCā€™s did your kid apply to?

Iā€™ve seen many with high stats got rejected/waitlisted at 2nd tier UCs but accepted to UCLA and CAL, donā€™t lose hope.

All but Riverside and Merced. I see now that was a mistake! Come on UCSD! We really need this!!!

3 Likes

@SierraBound I think the regional thing is more of a CSU thing. Not a UC thing.

2 Likes

I would think being local may not help because schools want to cultivate a diverse student body. That being said my kid got into UCI and we live in south OC. :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

OK. Thanks for the replies. Good luck everyone.

UCā€™s do not consider local priority like the Cal states.

1 Like

We made that mistake too for our D21. Thinking back now we feel we should have added, D21 waitlisted at UCSC and UCI. rejected UCSB

Weā€™re north county SD as well. While they do not prioritize local schools as @Gumbymom pointed out, I will say that in looking at our high schoolā€™s admission data for UCSD/SB/Irvine - which I consider all at about the same level - UCSD admitted more students than the other two.

UCSD admitted 43%, Irvine 24%, Santa Barbara 30%.

We also made a mistake of not adding Riverside and Davis. Glad that we added Merced at the last min. Hope UCSD comes thru

Does anyone Know If UC Sandiego and Davis coming Thursday or Friday?

1 Like

Which major did he apply to?

Thanks for sharing those stats. I will keep the faith.

Unfortunately, heā€™s trying for Computer Science. I know how tough that major is, we discussed picking one UC and applying as a different major for it, but thatā€™s what he wants to study in college ā€¦soā€¦ here we are.

1 Like

This is just word of mouth so donā€™t take me too seriously but I just talked to someone who knows someone at UCSD and they said theyā€™re releasing next week bc right now theyā€™re in finals week and itā€™s too busy.

2 Likes

I hope they donā€™t delay. UCI and UCSB have the same number of applicants, but they can release the decisions so early.

:pleading_face:Damnā€¦ :pensive::pensive:

1 Like

If someone is accepted by UCLA on Friday, or by UCB before UCSD, then those people wonā€™t care about UCSD

9 Likes