**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

I feel kids these days are much harder workers than 1980’s. I don’t know anyone who took classes at the colleges while attending high school. I don’t remember anyone volunteered so much.

7 Likes

gotten so competative it’s really unfortunate

1 Like

haha we’re just under more pressure and more fearful of failure

1 Like

I only applied to UCLA in 1980 and assumed I would get in. You could only apply to one UC then.

Right and everyone who gets into an ivy has their own non profit and a 999999999 gpa

5 Likes

NEU is the right name

1 Like

I bet you have so many cool vintage UCLA sweatshirts omg

1 Like

yeah i applied to 29 schools with only 1 ivy (Columbia)… i didn’t want harvard taking my money just to send me a nice lil rejection

I had 1 EC on my application, sports. Frankly I dont even remember writing essays. I do however remember filling out the applications in between classes in high school and spent no more than 15 mins total. I didnt even know that UCSD had different colleges so I just randomly ranked them.

1 Like

My parents were definitely more successful than me and made me apply to their colleges Stanford and Brown and there is literally no way even with legacy I get in that’s gonna be a FAT REJECTION haha

1 Like

speaking for myself, i had a full fee waiver for all schools, including the UC’s and all common app schools so it wasnt too bad

2 Likes

that’s so different woah!

facts

yeah my mom got into ucla when she was applying to college and decided not to go bc at the time, it wasnt such a big and competitive school and she chose a different school

2 Likes

So any confirmation on release today?

Is there a specific time when UCs release typically?

There’s no indication besides someone saying they heard from someone else. And then other people said next week so probably not today

1 Like

i’m hoping this comment means today. or at least tomorrow. really hoping we don’t have to wait until next week.

I picked UCSD over UCLA because of the vibe and overall culture. I just liked the laid back feel of the campus versus the hustle and bustle. Even though UCLA has always been my dream school I have no regrets going to UCSD for undergrad. If I had gone to UCLA I would not have been as successful personally. Thats why I tell my kids to get into the best school where they feel comfortable and can be happy.

3 Likes

Yeah, this broke my bank!
My co-worker’s son applied to 20 colleges last year. I thought that was crazy. Few of my daughter’s classmates applied to 30+ colleges.
One of the college she applied was Utah. Top 100 college, beautiful campus. WUE tuition is only $12380 and room & board is $10201. Much cheaper than UCs, even less than Cal States.