**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

Folks might be confusing University of San Diego with UC San Diego. The former is releasing decisions on the portal; the latter does not yet appear to be doing so.

5 Likes

We found a way that might predict our result, but we don’t think it’s accurate. Some have it and others don’t.

what was it? i missed that

It’s kind of complicated; it’s prob not accurate

did it have something to do with inspecting the page?

wait sorry for pestering you but now i’m anxious if it’s not too much work could you explain what you did please? i understand it’s probably not accurate

what is it?

How do you predict?

Hopefully it is not the presence of the Housing portal login and the personalized UCSD email? These have been disproven many times over and I will not go into detail, but every year someone finds something in the student portal which they think predicts admission.

7 Likes

tell us dude.

I private messaged them because I may be wrong, and I don’t want to be attacked haha.

pm me if you can :slight_smile:

Pm me please. This things are generally not true but I like the intrigue. And you never know.

1 Like

Yeah I’d also like to know. Please message me

I have a question. Let’s say, if your first choice is CS, and the second is Math. You get accepted to the school for your second choice. In this case, you are totally out of the CS consideration, not even as a waitlist? If you are waitlisted in the general term, does it mean you are rejected to the first choice, and waitlisted for the second choice? What situation will make you the waitlisted for the first choice?

UCSD admits into the University first and then into the major. If you are admitted into your alternate major, then you are no longer in consideration for your first choice major. You can however, attend UCSD and change majors. CS is probably the most difficult major to change into as a matriculated student so you need to figure out what is important: attending UCSD with a chance of not getting into the CS major or accepting admission as a CS major at another college campus.

Students who were not admitted directly to UC San Diego as a CSE major can contact the UC San Diego Undergraduate Admissions Office with any questions regarding their assigned major or the appeal process. The CSE Department does not play a role in any portion of the undergraduate admissions review of applicants. Once a student matriculates at UC San Diego, the only way to change into one of the majors in the CSE Department from another major outside of our department is to go through our CSE Capped Admissions Program. Please be advised that switching into the CSE major is a highly competitive process and there are no guarantees you would be able to major in CS even after going through the CSE Capped Admissions Program.

https://cse.ucsd.edu/undergraduate/cse-capped-admissions-program

If you are waitlisted, you will be waitlisted based on your first choice major, but if admitted off the waitlist, most likely you would be offered your alternate major or Undeclared especially if it a capped major like CS.

2 Likes

ok so heres the thing: apparently it doesn’t mean anything, but if you’re still curious, j lmk.

Wait disregard that. idk why but it doesn’t let me delete; someone lied oops

sure can you pm me?

Thanks for the clarification. This happened to my son’ close friend who just got accepted to UC Riverside. My wife and I were wondering about this, but since his first choice was so popular, waitlist won’t happen anyway.

Thanks!!