**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

UCLA comes out tomorrow

2 Likes

How do you know?

UCLA has been know to release on the third Friday of March, the portal went down tonight, and there have been some posts confirming that Alumni Scholarship readings begin this weekend 20-21. The list goes on haha

2 Likes

any chance ucsd is also today?

From what the AOs said on the phone I donā€™t think so as much as it would make sense

I would just not get your hopes up and check at the usual times to be sure

ucla checklist just disappeared and said itll be back on friday evening (that means today)

1 Like

ignore this-twas a mis-post

Hi! do you remember if the portal went down at a certain time or any other early signs that decisions would be coming out that day?

Lotā€™s of UC portals were very slow and certain pages werenā€™t loading when the decisions were about to come out

1 Like

also, some images would just not be on the page anymore and sometimes the format of other things would change

Iā€™m a UCSD student right now, so if yā€™all have any questions later, feel free to comment on my youtube channel somewhere b/c I respond to most things there: Katelyn Kennedy - YouTube

Iā€™m not super active on CC, but Iā€™ll try my best to answer your questions on Youtube as I see them :slight_smile:

I can answer things about financial aid, covid college life, engineering, student orgs, construction, uhhh, and really anything else you might wonder about. Just lemme know.

1 Like

UCSD has got to be today right? If it historically comes out on fridays/ with another UC and has to come before Berkeleyā€¦ Idk Iā€™m so nervous

6 Likes

@SpicyForehead My sonā€™s top UC choice is also UCSD. He loves the campus. Questions are prob for me as a parent.

1. Saw so much construction this July when we drove on around campus. Is it all year round or was it just due to campus shut down and the crew took advantage of it? If the former, do you still enjoy the campus?

2. Some of the colleges (if he doesnā€™t get into his top 3) seems have have a ton of GEā€™s that are required. Do they end up be equivalent to GEs youā€™d have to take at other UCs anyway or could a student risk adding a few more quarters to their graduation plan due to GEs by the 7 colleges?

Thanks for doing this!

2 Likes

Yeah np!

1. I think the school definitely took advantage of the covid situation by starting a lot of construction projects when everyone was at home. I live in the new sixth college buildings (which is probably the construction you saw in July) and itā€™s really great so far! I love the sixth college area because itā€™s so new. We have brand new dining halls, a market, and Iā€™m the first person to live in my dorm room :smiley: . Thereā€™s generally always a lot of construction at UCSD but I donā€™t mind it because thereā€™s always something new to see.

2. Iā€™m not sure how UCSD GEā€™s compare to other schools, but I donā€™t think GEā€™s are a problem that make people graduate late. The most common thing Iā€™ve seen that pushes peopleā€™s graduation back is when they fail a class that is only offered at certain times. Most people get into one of their top 3 choices though, so your son should be okay! But yeah, ERC and Revelle are notorious for having the worst GEā€™s, so if he doesnā€™t like humanities, it might not be the best choice. For me, the sixth GEā€™s have been harmless. I knocked out a bunch of them with my AP credit and a lot of my major classes overlap with the rest of my requirements.

Hereā€™s a few videos where I showed some of the new sixth college areas:

2 Likes

@10s4life @Gumbymom Do more dorms mean more admissions?

I love this one

Iā€™m not sure, but I think the new sixth college area mightā€™ve been why the acceptance rate went up last year. Theyā€™re also starting on 8th college already, but that wonā€™t be done for another 2-3 years.

As an alum from MUIR this is totally spot on!

1 Like

My son just completed his 4th year, one quarter early at UCSD yesterday! The GEā€™s at ERC were tough but they were his favorite classes! He majored in Political Science/Internation relations with a minor in History! Good luck to all!

1 Like