**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

Thank you so much!

You cannot change until Sophomore year. I have posted this previously, but here it is again.

You will be able to apply “one time only” to one of the four “capped” majors in the first week of school in the subsequent fall quarter, as you begin your Sophomore year as a “Continuing” student.

If applying to the Bioengineering or Bioengineering: Biotechnology majors, you must have already completed the following 9 lower division courses, obtaining a grade of “C-“or above, before the start of your fall quarter, Sophomore year: MATH 20ABC (20AB = 2 courses in Calculus for Science & Engineering & 20C = Calculus & Analytic Geometry for Science & Engineering); CHEM 6A (General Chemistry I) and CHEM 6B (General Chemistry II); PHYSICS 2A (Physics-Mechanics) & PHYSICS 2B (Physics-Electricity & Magnetism). PHYSICS 2AB are intended for physical science and engineering majors; MAE 8 (MATLAB Programming for Engineering Analysis); and BILD 1 (Cell Biology).

Daughter accepted
Physics/Astro Physics(2nd choice)
Sixth college (3rd choice)
In-state

Then 10 minutes later got accepted to UCLA Aerospace (1st choice)

And she got rejected at UCSB. I don’t have a clue.

2 Likes

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to appeal the UCSD decision? thank you!

What impact college selection has on major. DS got into Computer Engineering with Roosevelt College.

My daughter got accepted to Mines and they offer a large enough merit scholarship to make it quite competitive.

1 Like

First, you need a compelling reason to appeal your decision. What will be the basis for your appeal? Do you have documentation to backup the reason for your appeal?

I had certain extra curricular that I forgot to mention and I was wondering if there was any other way to appeal successfully?

Mines is an amazing school too. We really liked the school.

1 Like

What do you mean by having documentation to backup the reason for appeal?

The EC’s would have be high level for a good appeal basis.

The following are valid reasons for appealing:
Error in original UC application
Newly documented medical issues
Extraordinary special achievement/recognition, since your original application
Personal challenges not previously disclosed

One example would be appealing based on a health issue. UCSD would want to see documentation of the health issues and how it may affected your HS performance.
They could request doctors notes and LOR’s from teachers that knew about the situation etc

OOS admitted UCSD, Marshall, undecided major, $15K scholarship
Admitted UCSB, no merit
Admitted LMU (some merit), Chapman (most merit)
Rejected UCLA

That’s a wrap for CA schools for our kid, who wanted SoCal options.

@gumbymom, I want to inform you that you have been very helpful. I am new to this site but in last few weeks the information were so helpful. You gave a comfort factor saying regent invitation from UCLA is a confirm admission for my daughter an it turned out yes today, it is. Thank you so much

1 Like

Congratulations and best of luck.

hi! any opinions about or advice for Marshall College? thx :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a thread discussing the different colleges? My son got in Undeclared into Warren College and I have no idea what this really means! :rofl:

I would also love that! But the UCSD page has the basic overview for each college on their website, but I wish there is a thread here that can give more personal insights

My DD got accepted to UCSB, waitlisted SD and LA, physics major. What is yours stats?

I got in for my second choice major data science. How difficult would be it be to transfer to a major like electrical or mechanical engineering?