UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Are the athletic types not considered diverse anymore? Boo to that. My husband played team sports (intramural) all the way through grad school and is a huge proponent of sportsmanship. Tell your kid to do what he loves and be who he is and all the rest will fall in place for him. I’ll be watching to see where they end up.

I was accepted! I didn’t believe it would happen. But it did!! :heart:

5 Likes

Accepted to college of creative studies for Writing&Literature.

OOS
3.93 UW 11 APs
34ACT (35 superscore)
Lots of ECs like everyone else here

As I understand, the ccs is hard to get into?

Wow, the swimmer twin’s ECs seem stronger to me, but what do I know. Guess they are looking for unconventional candidates.

Chin up! You’re waiting for Davis right? My fingers are crossed for you.

waitlisted
pre- political science
4.16 uc gpa
3.76 uw

• internship on a political campaign for congressional office, mock trial, fbi teen academy, seminars w local attorneys

i saw somewhere stats for getting in on the waitlist were around 10%, does anyone have confirmation of this.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you. I have a feeling you’ll get into one of your top dream schools. And if I remember right you got into Cal poly SLO. It’s a really lovely school. Chin up!!!

Wow! Impressive stats. Congrats to your son! Stanford. Sheesh!:hugs:

1 Like

It’s awful how UC is destroying one twin’s confidence after all his hard work to protect yield.

It is really odd.

I was thinking the same. The admitted guy has no leadership but maybe that is not so important at UCSC and UCSB.

1 Like

Does anyone know if UCSB regents/honors comes out after everyone commits?

i’ve gotten into two schools in a row now that my stats indicated were not realistic. obviously idk what got me in, but my apps showed that I was EXTREMELY spiked with things regarding my major, and my essays also played into that

Ugh. I have twins who are just starting to look at colleges. I hope they do not apply to any of the same schools. I hope your swimmer gets something great in the coming weeks.

1 Like

I’m getting waitlisted at all the UC’s, UCSC, UCI, now UCSB. Still waiting for UCSD and UCB but I’m honestly surprised I’m getting waitlisted and not rejected since my UC GPA is just a 3.54 (watch me get waitlisted from those too lol)

1 Like

Both got into Cal Poly and probably will go there. But he is bummed.

1 Like

Very tough to major CS. My son just got rejected.

1 Like

Accepted Environmental Science. OOS. Also got in UCI.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UC Riverside Class of 2025 — Regular Decision Date: March

It is not fair they rejected your future Mark Spitz!