UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I’ve read there might be some upside in applying to the same schools. I have identical twin girls, pretty much same stats 3.95/3.98, UW 34/35 ACT, 1460/1480 SAT, etc. So Far, both accepted to UCI & UCSB and one at CalPoly (ME), the other hasn’t heard (CS)

3 Likes

UCSC - Bioinformatics; UCI - Biology; UCSB - Biochemistry, Molecular Biology; UCSD - Biology with specialization in Bioinformatics; UCB - Integrative Biology

1 Like

@pineapple777 How would you know if you got Regents or not?

Rejected by UCSB but accepted to Georgia Tech for CS(international). Like wth is going on this yr!! Can I call this yield protect or should I be worried for other UCs?

They are both biology majors. It’s interesting because both twins got an invitation for regents scholarship at UCLA. They both applied and wrote the 500 word essay. I’ve reviewed their apps and one twin who got accepted had slightly better essays. The other twin had really good ones too and wrote about how he felt inferior to the other twin- extremely touching and brought tears to my eyes.

2 Likes

@boytwinmom Wow that is a tear jerker essay topic. Good news is since they both got UCLA regents invites its safe to say they will be admitted to UCLA come this friday. Hope to have them join the Bruin family.

3 Likes

based on my other UC acceptances, they either had it in the portal or had an additional letter in my portal

so essentially if you got the Regents invite from UCLA you are in?

I’m worried the other twin will get waitlisted at UCLA too similar to UCI and UCSB

1 Like

I don’t think that will happen but I understand your stress.

@pineapple777 @boytwinmom @jntwinmama Based on what I know from my time in admissions and being on CC the past 5 years, I can confidently say all Regents invitees for UCLA will be admitted. @Gumbymom have you seen anyone not get in that was invited for regents?

1 Like

How crazy to be invited to apply for Regents at UCLA and then get waitlisted at UCI and UCSB.

Same!!

@jntwinmama Just another example of how the campuses aren’t related at all haha. One of my siblings got denied from pretty much every UC except for Cal and Davis.

2 Likes

I am not aware of anyone getting the Regents invite and not getting accepted for UCLA.

This is fascinating. So still possible for an OOS business applicant to get into UCLA (or USC) after being rejected at UCSB but admitted to UCI? The waiting…

@will4444 Yeah sure is possible!

1 Like

Its only crazy if someone thinks UCLA somehow has a better undergrad program than UCI or UCSB. Personally, I think for undergrad, all the UCs are very similar in terms of quality. Of course there are intangibles like location, prestige, etc that can also be considered. Grad school is another story.

I think what @jntwinmama meant was its crazy to get waitlisted at UCI or SB but get into UCLA just because UCLA is much more competitive to get into and has a lower acceptance rate. Not saying its crazy UCLA is better than those schools for undergrad.

1 Like

I hope both your boys get into UCLA! We are all rooting for you and your twins!!!

1 Like