UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

D accepted Chemical Engineering OOS. 4.0uw, Don’t know UC cap. 12 APs.
Is scholarship listed on portal somewhere?

1 Like

@Kgc1234 Congrats! Usually FA won’t be posted for 1-4 days after the posting of decisions. It could be out now already.

1 Like

When do we hear about Regents’ Scholarships?

Exactly. And I went to UCLA when it had a 70% acceptance rate and I don’t think the quality of education is better now.

@apcookie Right?! They even released the info earlier than expected. They treated the students as if they were actually important.

Agreed. I went to both UCSD and UCLA and feel undergrad quality of education is very similar. However, the prestige of getting my MBA at UCLA has definitely helped me immensely professionally and financially.

3 Likes

Mom of multiples here and both were just rejected at UCSB. Almost identical GPAs, ranked #1 & #2 in class. Both have dual enrollment classes. Different majors, bio-psy and CS. DD has tremendous amount of leadership, internships, ECs, debate, etc. DS completed CS and digital media pathways, varsity baseball, community service, internship, good ECs. DS accepted into Cal Poly SLO CS, but DD waitlisted. Both wait listed at UCI. DS accepted into CS at UCSC, DD accepted at UCR. They’ve both been accepted at all OOS and private schools so far. Waiting on a few more.
Good luck to all of you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It’s been a emotional roller coaster watching the other twin look so defeated. The twin that got in couldn’t even be happy and we couldn’t even show our joy due to the sensitivity of this crazy college admission process for UC’s. We are fearful for the other UC’s left- UCSD, UCLA, UC Davis, and Cal.

3 Likes

My twins Ds have been lucky. So far, they have been accepted as a set. They applied to all the same schools. They have similar stats and ECs.

:sweat_smile: very mediocre

Hopefully my experience will ease your concerns. I am an identical twin. My twin went to UCSB with ALL my friends, and I didn’t get in. I went to SDSU and was heartbroken.

However, this ended up being the best thing that could have happened to us, and we are closer today than ever. Although it seems hard to imagine them being apart, especially if one school is considered “better” than another, them getting their own identity is priceless.

Truly, the best thing ever for us - twice as many friends. We visited each other often and it was great!

13 Likes

Did honors come out today? She did not get.

Accepted for Pre-Psychological & Brain Sciences! OOS Applicant
GPA: 4.5 W and 3.75 UW, 34 ACT, 15 AP Classes, and I did research through UCSB this past summer. My ECs were honestly mediocre but included three part-time jobs, some volunteer clubs, and 3 leadership positions. Congrats to all who were admitted!

3 Likes

It’s been very disappointing applying UC schools for us. We are oos, in a very competitive school district where more 25% graduates have ACT 33 or higher historically. If you take the most rigorous track for all Honor/APs, it’s easy to get a few B’s. We have been rejected by all UC schools so far. So frustrated.
Stats:
4.6 weighted, 3.7 NW (you lost point on non weighted if you take H/AP, but get a B)

11 APs
National merit finalist
SAT: 1560(780/780)(one sitting)
SAT Math II: 800
Very confused and feel so bad for my child.
Anyway, congratulations to those who got in, and good luck for those who are waitlisted.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. I got in OOS but I was trying to see if I got any merit scholarship or into an honors program of some sort.

Congrats, I’m so happy for you! I knew with your stats you’d be receiving positive news this week!

1 Like

Has anyone gotten honors/regents?

Thought I would share my stats!

Admitted to Pre-Economics Major
OSS: Pennsylvania
UW GPA: 3.836
6 AP classes in total
4 years of varsity soccer and team captain senior year
3 years of tennis including senior year
Club soccer for a long time
Worked with my dad’s company
Volunteered at orphanage in my hometown of Ecuador every year
NHS and Spanish National Honor Society

Sorry that wasn’t meant to be a direct reply to you, it was supposed to be to the thread as a whole!!!

I feel your pain. Not being able to submit SAT scores hurt my kid for sure. While her gpa is good (3.75, 4.15, 4.55) her SAT would have really distinguished her from the other applicants. Covid really messed things up for so many people.

1 Like

Your SAT, SAT subject test don’t matter this year at the UCs. She would probably do better with admissions at a test-optional college.