UC Santa Barbara Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

We are in the same boat as D22 committed to SDSU last night as well while we watch for waitlist action. But we know she will be very happy at SDSU if SB or SC do not open up

2 Likes

My bad on wording. I meant for the college of engineering and creative studies. I believe they admit by major there.

Anything yet?

Yes, those 2 colleges admit by major.

1 Like

Does anyone have a guess as to when the first wave of waitlists will be released?

UCSB in the past couple of years has released waitlists pretty early (Late April - Right after May 1st). Interesting that there’s been zero movement so far.

2 Likes

What about Data Science… its a major in the college of letters and arts and science… do they admit by the Major?

I believe most UCs were conservative with their decisions this year so everyone stay hopeful!

6 Likes

The College of Letters and Sciences (not called the College of Letters and Arts) does not admit by major. Only the College of Engineering and Creative Studies admit by major.

I thought Data Science is a capped major.Thank you!!

For the Stats/Data Science BS, you are accepted as a Pre-major. Students must complete all pre-major courses with a 2.5 or higher UC grade-point average. All pre-major courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better. Students are permitted to repeat up to a maximum of two pre-major courses. Only one repeat is allowed in each course. In the case of a letter grade below C, students must repeat the course at UCSB. Preparation courses are excluded from the pre-major GPA, but will apply to the overall major GPA. Students must complete Computer Science 9 or 16 with a grade of “C” or better. Entry into the pre-major does not guarantee admission to full major status. While completing required preparation, students are classified as a Pre-Statistics and Data Science major.

2 Likes

Just got accepted off the UCSB waitlist for pre-data science and statistics! Got an email at 3:25 pm telling me to check my portal!

6 Likes

Congrats! In state or OOS?

I just got off the waitlist too! I am waiting to hear back from the ucla waitlist still.

3 Likes

In state or Out of state?

Out of state.

Daughter accepted from waitlist today.

3 Likes

Anyone admitted from the waitlist, can you state the major and if in-state, OOS or International? Also when is the deadline to accept or decline. Thank you.

5 Likes

posted at the same time

My major is undeclared in the colleges of art and sciences. I am OOS. I was accepted off the waitlist at 3:25 pm today. The deadline to accept is 5/9.

6 Likes