UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

They told freshman are guaranteed housing.

1 Like

That’s it?

They did not address the current year situation and provide any details as to how next year will be any different?

You’re welcome! The session is really useful. It is really worth attending.

The subject of the email is :UCSB Parent Newsletter 3
Sender:UCSB Admissions ucsb4me@sa.ucsb.edu

By the way, I have two handles - @SantaOnCloud and @Leo-Baby :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is a Q&A session. They didn’t give more details. Some one asked about the potential impact due to UC Berkeley situation - they told there won’t be any impact to UC Santa Barbara.

4 Likes

So were there Parent Newsletters 1 and 2 that I also missed?! :frowning:

Haha on the handles – thank you both! :wink:

Thank you!! I found it in my daughter’s inbox.

Yes. If it makes you feel better, the other 2 were not as “newsworthy” as this edition. They all have included a FAQ and, for some reason, ours was entirely in Spanish in the first edition.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ll take it in Spanish, sheesh, can’t believe I’ve been missing these. I wonder if they’re going to my husband’s inbox, that would explain a lot. :woman_facepalming:

Thank you SO MUCH for posting it here!!

3 Likes

Official date 3/22 after 3 pm

5 Likes

Yep. Got an email just now

Mark your calendars! UC Santa Barbara admission decisions for freshman applicants will be posted on our Applicant Portal on Tuesday, March 22 after 3pm PT

5 Likes

I like how UCSB will be closing down the portal from 3/20 - 3/22 @ 3PM LOL…

2 Likes

No astrology permitted

9 Likes

Thank you for posting!

A post was split to a new thread: UCSB Fall 2022 Transfer Thread

UCSB updated their open house website.

5 Likes

Did you guys also just get this text: “Hello! This is UC Santa Barbara Admissions :surfing_man::female_sign:. Thank you for applying to our campus! This text is NOT an offer of admission, we just want you to know that our team is here to support you as we get ready for decision day on March 22nd! Reply “stop” if you want to opt-out of our text updates.”

1 Like

FYI: “Hello! This is UC Santa Barbara Admissions :surfing_man::female_sign:. Thank you for applying to our campus! This text is NOT an offer of admission, we just want you to know that our team is here to support you as we get ready for decision day on March 22nd! Reply “stop” if you want to opt-out of our text updates.”

2 Likes

yeah i just got that too

Not yet. My D in in-state So. Cal