UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

They said it could go all the way into August.

Wow. That’s crazy. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Apparently ucla and berkeley WL could go into August as well…on CC threads for those schools it was mentioned

1 Like

Berkeley can’t go too far into August. Fall instruction begins on August 23.

1 Like

My daughter just heard back - appeal not approved. Sigh.

1 Like

Its tough but their loss. One big concern with UCSB is housing. Great school location etc but housing is the worst. Have friends who are older and housing matters a lot.

1 Like

My son just got off the waitlist! We are in-state. UW 3.9 W 4.32 He was accepted into the Chinese language major in the College of L&S. He has until 6/14 to SIR

5 Likes

I got off the waitlist around 5 today for College of Letters and Science. I am instate. I have until 6/14 to submit my SIR and I intend to accept.

4 Likes

yay! welcome to ucsb :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

just got accepted for undeclared in state! does anyone know how housing works when being accepted this late? are freshman guaranteed housing?

4 Likes

Did you apply as an undeclared?

1 Like

Freshmen choose their housing arrangements in July this year, so you should still be fine

1 Like

a girl i know appealed and was accepted (this was about 2 or 3 weeks ago i’m pretty sure)—there’s definitely a chance!

Thanks. Sadly her appeal got declined. But she’s happy with the school she’ll be attending and it seems to be a great fit in many ways so that’s good. I’m pretty disappointed in the UC’s though.

5 Likes

Got in yesterday under Chemical Engineeing! In state, not sure whether to choose this or stick to ucsc (chemical enginering vs robotics enginering)

2 Likes

Which major would you prefer to pursue? What is more important to you, studying a subject of interest or attending a specific school which does not have your first choice major?

1 Like

I contacted admissions today and was told that waitlist will be wrapping up “in the next week.” My DS is committed to UCSD but would drop in a heartbeat if SB opened a spot.

1 Like

Just received a denial from UCSB in the portal.

Waitlist update. Rejected at 1:38 pm :woman_facepalming:

1 Like