UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

My son just got off the waitlist OOS for economics! Wasn’t expecting that.

3 Likes

just got in off the waitlist at 7:15 pm EST. Out of state, College of Letters and Sciences (Economics). Also, thank you everyone for all the useful information posted here the past couple weeks! It was so helpful :))

edit: my deadline to accept was May 22nd

4 Likes

D23 accepted Econ OOS 615cst

4 Likes

Any in state?

1 Like

Now that they are looking at OOS does this mean waitlist is over for in state?

2 Likes

Not sure but every UCSB WL pull yesterday here and reddit was OOS. Many psychology, economics majors. Fingers crossed for in state!

4 Likes

OOS for economics.

SIR deadline is 5/22

4 Likes

Appeal rejected today, OOS. Their loss. Onto SDSU!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear. My bias shows but SDSU is a great option. Go Aztecs!!!

1 Like

Reading all your posts over these last months has been very helpful and reassuring to me! Thank you for that. Also excited that SDSU is $30K a year cheaper, so we should probably be thanking them.

6 Likes

Appeal rejected! It’s alright, excited to be a Triton! UCSD will be home for the next four

4 Likes

will another wave come out tomorrow, considering the last sir deadline is today?

1 Like

Son got off the waitlist today as an Art major. He decided to stick with his original school (go Tritons) since their art program fits better with his interests. He is in state and deadline to accept is May 30th.

4 Likes

Daughter OOS got off waitlist tonight for pre-financial math and statistics, deadline 5/30 to decide

4 Likes

Did your son apply to the college of L&S or creative studies? Congrats on UCSD!

2 Likes

@Chambers731 he applied College of L&S. And thank you, he is really excited about next year.

1 Like

Does anyone think there’s more coming?

There’s a good chance there’s no more waitlist offers - as a current student, I just got a housing offer on 5/23. They gave out housing offers to continuing students after they handed out the normal RD acceptances at the beginning of June, and a wave this week that coincided with what I assume to be the last of the waitlist offers.

1 Like

Hi all - anyone hearing of other appeals going through? I saw two rejected appeals on this thread 2 weeks ago. My child’s account still says Decision Pending.

Hoping!!