UC Santa Cruz Class of 2027 Official Thread

I would say, if there is an opportunity, take it if one is interested in honor courses & want to do it. my 2 cents

Does anyone know when financial aid information is released?

2 Likes

My S was accepted on 2/27 with invite to the College Scholar Program (CSP). Does anyone have experience with this program and can provide some feedback? Thanks

It was revamped fall 22, so the new program seems hard to find info on.

My son received acceptance on 2/27 via email. Then he received invitation to the College Scholars Program the next day. He is PoliSci major. He is in-state and not sure of his exact GPA but it’s above 4.0.

2 Likes

UC Riverside has about a 68% acceptance rate not 90%….

1 Like

Yes! Absolutely more selective than I mentioned above. I was thinking of the % accepted at a certain weighted/capped GPA that my daughter would fall into, and it’s pretty high up through the year when they last broke that down (2021), so I would have pegged her chances as very high at Riverside (but she didn’t apply). For sure, Riverside is moving up towards higher selectivity!

2 Likes

Last year I was admitted early for Computer Engineering, got Honors College and Regents letter later.

Currently attending UC Santa Barbara for Computer Engineering. Good luck to the Class of 2027! Stay strong, you’ll get through this difficult period.

Regents came a week after the Honors College letter.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great info Edward. What were your stats if you do not mind sharing.

1 Like

Generally speaking, merit aid is offered with the acceptance letter. Need based could be in March/April. The student can check the financial aid tap in the portal. However, certain CA need-based scholarship such as Middle Class Scholarship is calculated later after enrollment, at least from our experience with UCSD. My son received some FA from UCSC that showed up with the admission, but additional amount showed up in April.

1 Like

Do make sure to double check, but according to UCSC Reddit, the priority enrollment is not for all four years.

Saw this clip on youtube, it is a beautiful campus.

6 Likes

It sounds like the priority registration is for 4 quarters while the program is in place.

1 Like

That’s too bad. Priority enrollment at UCs is gold.
One of the best perks my oldest had with her merit scholarship at UC Riverside was priority enrollment all four years.

2 Likes

Any idea what percentage of admits went out early?

UC Santa Cruz is a wonderful school and I feel really lucky to have been admitted early but I already have an acceptance from a school I feel is a better fit for me. Should I turn down the offer from Santa Cruz now in the hopes that someone else will get in? If so, how do I even do that? Do people generally just wait until May 1st or do they decline offers as they come in?

3 Likes

That isn’t how admissions works, really. They already expect a large percentage of admits to decline the offer, so they have built their yield % into the number of offers they make. There isn’t a one to one correspondence between you declining and an additional offer being made. If you are positive you won’t attend, ok, but there is nothing to feel bad about in terms of waiting to have all of your offers and making sure you are sure. Congrats on great options!

4 Likes

May you please share the link/url for Santa Cruz portal where we can check admission result?

Students should already received the link/log in set up after the application was submitted. Check your email…May be it went to junk mailbox.

2 Likes

got accepted with 3.59 weighted gpa, 1270 SAT. competitive major, robotic engineering. bad essays and bad extracurricular. good luck to you all. don’t lose hope

7 Likes