UC Santa Cruz Class of 2027 Official Thread

i got accepted to santa cruz 2/27 as a cogsci major (4.4 W 10-12 GPA); 4.3 W total. I want to be in their honors program if i decide to go, but I haven’t received any info about it yet. When will I hear if I’ve been offered a spot?

Last year, the Honors college invites went out about a week after the first wave of admits. I would email the Honors college and ask.

honorscholars@ucsc.edu

1 Like

Do you know if being able to sign up for Banana Slug day means anything, as on the site it says you can only sign in if you are an admitted student?

Where does it say that you can only register if you are an admitted student?

By the way… If that is your real name, please follow the instructions below to change your username.

No, I have changed the name completely, on the Banana slugs day website, it says “Admitted students” so Im assuming you are only able to register to go if you are already in the system as a admitted student. Similarly to UC Davis where you are not able to register if you have not been admitted.

1 Like

It’s probably just a quirk and means nothing unless there are people who can not register now.

1 Like

Yeah thats what I meant, we need to find out if someone is not able to register.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 7.36.58 PM

2 Likes

Son hasn’t received an admission decision yet. He was able to register this weekend for Banana Slug Day. This morning it says,

" Banana Slug Day

You do not appear to be in an admitted status."

I think that means that over the weekend some poor CS student intern in Admissions was called and told to correct the issue that was allowing students to register before decisions are released :grimacing: I wouldn’t guess it’s a sign of anything more than that.

2 Likes

Where does it say “You do not appear to be in an admitted status” and did you recieve a confirmation email about Banana Slug Day.

1 Like

My daughter received an email inviting her to the College Scholars Program a few days after her admission.

2 Likes

My daughter was also accepted the UCD, but would rather go to UCSC. I have received financial aid estimates from all schools she has been accepted to. I called the UCSC financial aid office and they said she will not received anything until she accepts admission? I wanted to be able to see if she received any aid specifically for OOS students to offset the tuition or we may make other choices? Does anyone have any advice?

1 Like

There are very few merit scholarships available for OOS students at the UC’s and for in-coming Freshman they are usually granted upon admission using information from the UC application. If UCSC cannot offer you any information in regards to your FA possibilities, then you probably need to figure the full cost of attendance. Have you checked the UCSC website for scholarships that she can apply to as an enrolled student?

1 Like

Where does it say this. We registered over the weekend and today it still shows as registered. @Sebastian_Letamendi what do you see?

I was going to pass on the tour of UCSC until we knew the kid was in for sure.

You honestly might be in then, same for me I did it over the weekend and I still shows as registered. Or else we would have been like them where it says you are not in an admitted status. We don’t know for sure, though.

Only one way to find out. Cancel the registration and try re-registering again!

1 Like

You were right! I tried to re-register and it says I am not an admitted student!! hopefully that doesn’t mean I am rejected

Didn’t you have the 4.5 GPA and got into UCR? You’ll be fine then. UCR and UCSC are similarly ranked but UCR is in a not as nice location but academically just as good.

1 Like

This is what I assume it means: UC Santa Cruz Class of 2027 Official Thread - #290 by GoldRush2

1 Like