UC Santa Cruz Class of 2027 Official Thread

Both my boys got accepted to CS!! No email notification. Checked Portal. In-State, Bayarea

5 Likes

S23 does not see an updated status in the portal yet. In state, UW:4.0, CW:4.36, ELC, Proposed Major: CS

We did get an email notification stating that there was an application update.

1 Like

Both my sons got accepted today! One is Robotic engineering and the other one is Economics and Mathematics!!!happy

2 Likes

Got my first acceptance today :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Stats: GPA - really complicated since COVID and some extenuating circumstances but I think like 4.3 UC

APS- SEMINAR, stats, microecon, gov, psych, csa, a push, art history, euro, apes, csp, hug

Ecs - helped parents business, dropshipping (10k a month solid revenue), chess club, helped friends cs non profit

Major - global economics

Is this a good sign for the other UC’s? Since I presume not everyone is admitted early

5 Likes

We also got email notification. Checked after you said you got it. It was received about 15-20 mins after we checked the portal.

2 Likes

Your UCSC acceptance means you are a competitive applicant and you fit UCSC’s instructional goals as an applicant.

Each UC evaluates applicants independently based on their weighting of the 13 areas of the UC application review criteria so no one can predict how you will fare with the rest of the campuses. This is why the UC’s tend to be unpredictable.

Celebrate your admission and best of luck with the rest of the UC’s.

4 Likes

You mean we can change it after being accepted by the original proposed major?

Proposed majors still require that you complete the major requirements for declaring so other than majors in the College of Engineering (which require you list your top choice upon submitting your UC application), you should be able to change majors since you have until end of Sophomore to complete major declaration.

1 Like

My DD was accepted to UCSC today. I think she had about a 3.9 UW and 4.2 W, not sure. 12 APs and AP Scholar. Major: BS in Legal Studies. Very happy for her–she is very happy too–good luck to all.

(BTW for those still waiting she may be “high stats” for early admission to UCSC but the same high stats did not lead to early SDSU admission so you just never know.)

3 Likes

Yes, it looks like you can change. They say there are some limitations about the majors you can switch to. But there are many options. You just click a button on the portal.

2 Likes

Cognitive Science

For those kids who got acceptances when they logged in to their portal did it show as a new message? We aren’t sure where to look but I’m guessing my son didn’t get in yet since there was no new messages on his portal. Congrats to all the kids who got acceptances today.

1 Like

I got my acceptance through an email

1 Like

Yes on the portal, it said new message. You also get an email.

1 Like

Decision: Accepted
Merit scholarships awarded (if any): ??
Major: Business Management Economics
UC Unweighted GPA: 3.92
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.25
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.42

ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes

Number of a-g courses: 25 years
Number of UC Approved Honors courses: 3
AP courses/exams: 8 (4 senior year)

Extracurriculars: Travel ball, 2 varsity sports, team captain, 4 years school newspaper, volunteer coach, freshman orientation committee, weightlifting

Personal Insight essays (details): Strong IMO. Introspective. Showed perseverance, humility, personal growth

Supplemental/Augmented Review: No

State/location of HS: CA Bay Area
Applied for need-based financial aid? No
First Generation? No

3 Likes

My son hasn’t got the decision today. No Admitted or Rejection message on the portal. He has applied for CS.
Did CSC release the decision of students only ? Any idea when do they release the rest?

Most decisions will be posted in March. Last year it was March 15 and February decisions are only admits.

Same for my son re: UCSC and SDSU. You just never know.

Both my kids got accepted.

I noticed that among the accepts, the lowest UW GPA was 3.9. Was there any lower than this? As @Gumbymom said, these were all high achievers. And they were a lot of them.

Kudos to everyone for their respective achievements. I am certain that for some of you, this is your last stop. Others will continue on this quest …

4 Likes