UC Santa Cruz Class of 2027 Official Thread

Wow, lots of twins seem to have been accepted today.

Congratulations to everyone!

8 Likes

i was thinking the same :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My DS is a high stats kid but didn’t hear today. He is Public Health/Bio focus so I wonder if that impacted the lack of early notification given that UCSC is generally considered stronger in the Liberal Arts and Humanities rather than STEM. Thoughts?

S23 did not get an update today too. In state, UW:4.0, CW:4.36, ELC, AP Scholar, Decent ECs, Proposed Major: CS. Some of his school mates with slightly lower stats got in though

1 Like

My DS23 accepted! Got notified in the email itself.

Accepted
Environmental Studies
UC unweighted GPA 4.0
UC weighted, capped GPA 4.4
UC weighted, uncapped GPA 4.7
In state
ELC: yes
UC a-g courses (years): 24
UC honors/AP courses (years): 12 (including 12th grade)
AP Tests Taken: 5 (scored 5 on all of them)
ECs: national & state level rankings/awards, 200+ hours community service
No hooks

3 Likes

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing what the email said?

1 Like

I’m uninformed but what does s23, d23, dd stand for?

Daughter/Son Class of 2023. dont know DD

1 Like

Dearest Daughter or Darling Daughter or Doting Daughter

1 Like

Where is equality when we want one … I call it unfair!

1 Like

Thanks! Don’t have it in front of me now. Will ask my son for a copy of it later. It had an animated gif of Sammy the Slug applauding (or cheering, something like that) and did also include confirmation of his proposed major in the email. The subject line didn’t clearly give the contents away (something to the effect of we’ve got an important update for you).

…or Darn Daughter/Son :grinning:

Congratulations to you and your family on this achievement!

Explore our campus and learn more about how to accept your offer of admission by visiting [Become a Banana Slug] our special interactive experience just for newly admitted students! In addition, a packet with a letter and certificate of admission will arrive at your home in the next few weeks.

UC Santa Cruz is one of the world’s premier research universities, seeking solutions and giving voice to the challenges of our time – leading to transformative change, where academic rigor and experimentation offer the adventure of a lifetime… and a lifetime of opportunity, and where social and environmental justice are taught and lived. We offer exceptional opportunities for advancing on your academic journey and preparing you for a meaningful and impactful career.

[image]

We’re excited to invite you and your family to campus for Banana Slug Day on Saturday, April 15! This will be a chance for you to explore our beautiful campus, connect with current and admitted students, faculty, and staff, and get a feel for this special educational environment where you may be spending the next several years. We have lots of engaging, fun, and informative events planned for you on Banana Slug Day, so mark your calendar! More details will be coming soon via email.

If you’re ready to accept your offer of admission from us, visit the porta and complete all steps no later than May 1, 2023. Please take the time to review the details of your admission in the portal. If you have any questions that are not addressed there, please contact our office at admissions.

Admission offers are provisional and contingent on fulfilling our “Conditions of Admission Contract,” available in the portal and on our website. [Carefully read through the FAQs]) to fully understand what is required of you.

If you are applying for Financial Aid, please note that Financial Aid offers will be sent starting the first week of March. To receive an aid offer in a timely manner, be sure to check your “To Do” List in MyUCSC in early March to see if we have received your aid application, and for any notices regarding the application.

Congratulations again on your admission!

2 Likes

Here was mine

4 Likes

I think it’s some sort of throwback to the 90s and early 2000’s message boards/blog sites? Abbreviation for “dear” or “darling” or something. People put it in front of “H” for “dear husband” or the like. It makes me laugh every time. My husband would roll his eyes so far they would get stuck, probably.

1 Like

Yes that’s the same as we got, with the text posted earlier.

I will say that it’s frustrating that the UCs all pretty much hold their admitted students days on the same date. Guess if my daughter is lucky enough to get more admissions, that will be a good problem to have, but still :frowning:.

4 Likes

Wow, is this the first time for an official Banana Slug Day? I can’t find it on their website. Was there a link on the portal or in the email?

April 15 will be a busy day for those visiting different campuses.

Here are the other admitted student open houses.
April 8: UCSD’s Triton Day and UC Davis Aggie Day
April 15: UCLA’s Bruin Day, UCSB’s Open House and UCR Highlander Day, UCSC Banana Slug Day, SDSU Admitted Student Day
April 13-15: Cal Poly SLO Open House
April 22: UCI’s Celebrate UCI and Berkeley’s Cal Day
USC will have multiple Explore USC events - April 2, 7, 10, 14, 17, 20, 24

5 Likes

My DS was the opposite. He got in early for SDSU and didn’t hear today for UCSC. His stats are UW 3.97, W 4.5, Capped 4.27. Major Environmental Science.

1 Like
2 Likes

S23 Accepted, CS
4.0/4.6/1540
Asian male, large public High School.
Bay Area
No hooks.

So excited for him!

4 Likes