UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Wow that’s amazing!
My 4.1 instate kid isn’t getting into ucla but I’d love for her to attend here!

I’m hoping so.

My son was rejected by CSULB too. He had top design schools in his bag,so UCLA Design was certainly not the best one he had got for Design. He went there because its a better name brand overall. For design scools, portfolio is important. CSUs are not seeing those, so they may make arbitrary decisions. Same for UCCS GameDesign, they did not do portfolio checks.

1 Like

Why ucsc sending out decision in wave? Is that mean that you are less likely to get admission as time go by or is it just random as which application is read and evaluated?

2 Likes

We’ll know once the waitlists are announced. At that point anyone who hasn’t heard is most likely rejected.

Yea I got in today with a C in Geometry Honors Freshman year

3 Likes

Is there a specific time we should just stop looking for today? They don’t release decisions in the evening, do they?

4 Likes

nice, congrats!

Accepted

5 Likes

Congrats to him!!! What are his stats?

NorCal daughter accepted to Human Biology. Email arrived 1 pm today 2/25. Weighted GPA at end of junior year was 4.2. Unweighted 4.0. Anticipating 4.5 at end of senior year. She was allowed 1 AP course in sophomore year then full AP classes junior year. Also accepted to San Diego State and CSULB. Huge relief with unprecedented applications to UC’s this year. Older brother got into UCLA class of 2024 with similar stats.

6 Likes

When will other UC school release results ? Pretty soon , right ? Since UCSC released today

There is no way UCSC is done with acceptances. Today was just the beginning. In a high school of over 1,000 students in California, nobody has heard yet from UCSC. There’s zero chance of nobody getting in, thus, they aren’t done yet.

8 Likes

Would love to know!

2 Likes

I think the only UCs that look at uncapped weighted UC GPA are UCB and UCLA.

2 Likes

Here is the timeline from last year for all the UC’s. UCB and UCSC have been updated as of today.

2021 decisions;
UCB: Early admits were Feb 11, 2022 and Regular Decision is March 24 confirmed.

UCLA: 3rd Friday of March. Last year it was March 19.

UCSD: Last year, March 19

UCSB: Last year, March 16

UCD: Last year, March 18

UCI: Early CHP/Regents last year was March 5. Regular decisions in waves March 12.

UCSC: This year rolling waves Feb 25-March 20, 2022

UCR: Last year rolling decisions starting March 1

UCM: Last year rolling decisions starting March 2.

6 Likes

Just in case somebody needs a nudge to get out of ‘senioritis’. This is what UCSC conditional admission says.

'A decline in GPA by a full grade point, may result in the cancellation of your admission

3 Likes

My son got in and he is OOS. First choice: Computer Engineering. We think his UC GPA is around 4.2.

Congrats to all the students that got in. Best of luck to those waiting and so thankful for all the helpful posts on this board!

7 Likes

You are so knowledgeable! How do you know it’s rolling vs one day for UCSC?

I know a couple of very large schools in NorCal where none of the students got admission notifications. These schools typically send a sizable chunk to UCB, UCSD, UCD & UCSC. So the notifications are clearly being rolled out in some sort of order that we can’t seem to fathom.

5 Likes