UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

I have been on CC for around 10 years now and UC Forum Champion for a few of those years. I am always following admission decisions, so I can answer questions for anxious applicants.

UCSC use to post admission decisions all in one day based on the applicants alphabetical last name.

This changed a few years ago (not sure why), but they started posting admission decisions in rolling waves over several weeks through Mid-March. I keep track of the previous year’s admission so I can post a possible timeline for current applicants. Admission timelines do have a tendency to change over time so it can be frustrating at times.

9 Likes

Because that is how it was done last couple of years. Plus most have not heard yet and I don’t think any more decisions are coming out today.

1 Like

Yes, when they used to release all decisions on the same day, applicants received an email with the timelines according to last name. My oldest was a high school class of 14 and that’s how it was back then.

1 Like

Do you have a sense of when the next wave could be? Is it weekly or every couple weeks? Thanks

1 Like

Hi Gumbymom,

Can you post a possible timeline for current applicants? This will help a lot of anxious patents and applicants.
Thank you for your help on the UC forums.
-HT

1 Like

Well based on last year, one wave end of February. A trickle of acceptances 1st week in March and then more decisions posted March 15th.

It is difficult to guess since UCSC has a tendency to change it up yearly.

4 Likes

So if they do it like last year then a trickle in the first week and the rest by mid March.
Sounds painful

6 Likes

Congrats to those who got in!. DS22 did not get any notification today. Any idea what % of admission offers are sent out in the first batch vs. March 15th?

When I spoke to admissions, they indicated that the next batch is the final one on March 15th and that there will be no more offers until then.

4 Likes

DS22, Accepted (Robotics), OOS (Intl).

2 Likes

We sent fsa to UCs we applied 10 days ago, but cannot see it in any of UC’s portals. Just wonder if any of you can see it in UCSC’s portal.

Did you check the portal. They did not notify via email you have to go into the portal and Check. My son got in- Biology

You cant see it on any UC application portal. If you got an email from studentaid.gov that they sent it then you are good

yes, we did get confirmation from fafsa.

Then you are good. The colleges got it. Dont worry as long as you picked the correct colleges on the fafsa form.

Accepted, US Citizen, Intl school. Email says accepted into “proposed” major of BA computer science. No mention of school of engineering. Same information on the myucsc portal. Should we assume that this is a direct admit into CS major in the Baskin school of Engineering?

3 Likes

Yes it is in school of engineering.
The bachelor of arts (B.A.) program at UC Santa Cruz is designed to give students a solid grounding in both theoretical and practical topics in computer science, computer engineering, and mathematics while leaving flexibility for a broad program of study, including some courses outside of science and engineering, or even for a double major in another discipline.

I believe you have to complete a set of Math and CS Courses with at least 2.8 gpa to get into CS major. Hence the proposed CS major in your admit email

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for asking! This is incredibly disappointing as I guess I’m seen as lower candidate. My uc gpa is at or higher than most admitted so far…I’m way above gpa. They must have hated my essays!’

DS22, Accepted into CS (BS); 1st choice, OOS (Int’l, IB).
Congrats to all who were accepted, and all the best to others who are waiting.

2 Likes

My OOS daughter was accepted yesterday into Business Management Economics. I have no idea what her UC GPA is, but her weighted GPA at her high school is 3.8.

4 Likes