UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

That’s great. Looks like you’ve gotten some good scholarships and options. Great position to be in.

Wow you have many great choices. Will be a tough decision bit a good position yo be in.
My guess is you will get into UCSC

1 Like

With UCs (and some CSUs) being a bit of a crap-shoot we decided to cast the net wide and chase merit w/ the intent of getting net COA down to “state school” prices.

5 Likes

Usually a student that is rescinded from their acceptance does not find out until later in the summer after official transcripts have been evaluated.

An applicant that is rescinded by one school may have difficulty getting other schools to reconsider a readmission but you never know. Usually the student will consider community college and opt for a Junior level transfer.

Schools do not like to rescind their acceptances so the circumstances have to be pretty severe if this happens. The provisional admission contracts are there to ensure that students do not get “Senioritis” and think they can coast the rest of their Senior year but in the case of UCSC, they can be lenient depending upon the issue.

3 Likes

Has anyone gotten any acceptances today?

Hopefully in the next few days

1 Like

I was hoping for more today! Do they usually space them out by a few days. Since there were some on Friday, you think they won’t have any today?

Last year they did a wave Feb 22, then a trickle early March and a larger final wave March 15.

4 Likes

I am sure they have no plan. Totally random

the only major you cannot change into is computer science. it is so highly impacted that you can only declare a cs major if you came into UCSC as proposed.

Sound similar to my daughter. My oldest daughter graduated from SMC in 2020. She absolutely loved it but it’s small and VERY quiet.

Update: My son decided he did not want CS:Game Design and updated it to Technology and Information Management. Hopefully if he enrolls, the change is still valid. we will worry about it then.

We just visited SMC this weekend for an admitted students event & an interview for a Theater Tech scholarship. It was really beautiful! Would love to hear more about your daughter’s experience. :grin:

2 Likes

What is SMC? st Mary’s college of California

Did anyone get the invite to join the College Scholars Program at UCSC? Just received the email this afternoon.

3 Likes

Congratulations! I don’t think my kid has. Do you mind sharing some stats to see what they expect?

Thanks! 3.97 unweighted GPA, 4.5 fully weighted GPA, 36 semesters of honors, AP and DE classes. In-state - central coast but not in Santa Cruz.

3 Likes

Daughter just got an invite to the scholar program. quote from the email she sent me just now
– some excerpts - invited to the program based on your academic and non-academic strengths as well as your potential to contribute positively to a diverse learning community. College Scholars who accept the invitation to the program will be housed near one another at their respective colleges and will come together for the first time in the fall around a reading group for the UC Santa Cruz Humanities Institute’s Deep Read.

To facilitate completion of required courses, College Scholars receive priority enrollment in classes through the fall quarter of their second year.
Unfortunately not her first choice of college. Onward and good luck to all.

3 Likes

Were you already admitted last Friday and this is a second offer to what sounds like an “honors” college or is the first email from admissions ?

1 Like

My daughter just got the same invite. Congrats!

2 Likes