UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

any guesses for as to when decisions will be out? even more anxious after being waitlisted at davis lol

1 Like

Best guess - on 03/18.

1 Like

Where exactly can they check this? I am not able to follow this.Please clarify.

They’ve been rolling out decisions I believe

They stated decisions will be out by March 20th.

1 Like

What date is that? I see they start on the 3/15 and roll out through 4/1. I’m trying to figure this all out. I thought Santa Cruz would be done by the 15th and got a note that it won’t be until the 20th. Thank you

Only the by 03/20 date is provided. So expecting all the results to be posted by that date.

1 Like

Any A-C last names check their portal today?

2 Likes

Nothing for us
Last name starts with A

3 Likes

Nothing for us either. Son’s last name starts with G (checked at 1:00)

1 Like

Nothing yet for my A-name kid.

no update for my C last name son

I have to believe UCSC does some form of yield protection - or just doesn’t jive with my family :slight_smile:

My D19 was accepted at UCLA (Honors), UCB, UCSB (Honors), UCD, but was waitlisted at UCSC. GPA: UW: 4.0, UC capped: 4.33, UC UW: 4.75

Her sister (D22) has the exact same stats, same ranking (top 3 out of 520 seniors), officer of 5 clubs, 4 year of Varsity Dance, accepted at UCD - but still hasn’t heard from UCSC. I can see history repeating itself (I hope! her sister loves UCLA).

3 Likes

I posted similar information on the UCD discussion thread since so many posters were upset with their decisions.

UC’s act as separate entities.
Each campus does review applications based on their institution priorities and applicant pool, so a student may be selected for one campus but denied by another.

Several factors and variables can influence selection. What is most important to know is that selection looks different at every campus!
• Selection can even look different from year to year for the same campus.
• Things like enrollment capacity (campus size impacts how many students can
enroll) and enrollment targets for each campus are factored into selection.
• Campuses use multiple factors when selecting students and the way campuses select students varies.
• It is to the student’s advantage to include as much information as possible on the
application.
• Every student is considered in the context of their own environment which
includes, but is not limited to, school, family and geographic region.
• Students are also considered within the context of the applicant pool for each
campus.
• Each campus will complete their own individual review of the application
independently of one another, which means that they’re going to review the information in the application and select students without asking what the other campuses have decided.
• Each campus selects students independently.

2 Likes

Any news for ur A name kid today??

1 Like

None for us (our last name is B)

It would noon PST today so check again in a couple of hours.

1 Like

I have a feeling more decisions will be released today…(just a guess). Ugh, hard to wait a few more hours! The e-mail with the alphabetical list says “beginning at” so the decisions are not necessarily even posted right at that time…

1 Like

What makes you think they will be released today?

A couple weeks ago someone posted on this page that they spoke to admissions and was told that the next batch is on March 15th. Of course that could be subject to change and who really knows for sure…

5 Likes