UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

4.8 Unweighted GPA? Typo? I see this every year and the then student gets into UCSB, UCI and UCSD so just hold on until all the UC’s are done with decisions.

4 Likes

Sorry - 4.03 UW and 3.9 Weighted

Mummabear- A rejection or a waitlist?

Rejected.

Nvm… My D22 got in for CS!

4 Likes

Cal grant shows gpa at 4.07

1 Like
Summary

This text will be hidden

So surprised, email accepted CS instate, last name N. Thanks G.Preformatted text

2 Likes

With you. Same major. W 4.2 UW 3.8

Within a week?! Wow! Did you do anything to express more interest?

2 Likes

LOCI’s are not considered for the waitlist process. According to the FAQ’s, if you are on the waitlist and NOT offered admission, you can then appeal that decision.

Once all waitlist activities have concluded, students not offered admission from the waitlist will receive a final decision and may submit an appeal at that time. In addition, there is no appeal to be invited to join or be admitted from the waitlist.

3 Likes

You can?

Just looked up the information regarding the waitlist and appeals. You can no longer appeal while on the waitlist. You have to be denied admission from the waitlist before you can appeal. This is something new for this year.

Once all waitlist activities have concluded, students not offered admission from the waitlist will receive a final decision and may submit an appeal at that time. In addition, there is no appeal to be invited to join or be admitted from the waitlist.

3 Likes

No, just accepted the waitlist spot. She had already decided on another school by that time, so also declined immediately to free up a spot for someone else.

1 Like

Don’t give up hope. My son was accepted off the waitlist last year for Computer Science with very similar stats.

3 Likes

Accepted in-state for CS 3.55/3.9

4 Likes

My D was waitlisted. Not surprised, I don’t think it is a good fit for her and she didn’t love it.

UW4.0, Capped4.42, W4.5. In-state. EC’s, leadership, sport, music.

D got into UC Davis!

5 Likes

D - waitlisted
Physical Science/Math
UW: 3.98 UC capped 4.27
Instate
Lots of ECs - sports, community and school leadership positions, Worked - not major related.
ELC: Yes

Very sad! Not sure it would be a great fit as she has a medically restrictive diet - but sad for her!

Accepted : SDSU early (offered Honors); CSULB (offered Honors); Cal Poly SLO; UC Riverside
Rejected : Davis

Only applied to UCs and State schools in California – thank goodness got into every state school.

5 Likes

Rejected- Cognitive Science, 3.8, lots of ECs… very sad tonight.

Glad she has some excellent options. CalPoly in particular is just stellar.

1 Like

It seems they are waitlisting lot of good candidates with solid GPA and EC. Not sure what is going on. Hopefully my D gets accepted in other UC. She was also rejected in Davis with great EC 10 AP and 4.1 UC GPA with heavy EC and AP in the major

3 Likes