UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

why would they randomly check the thread…? Only people who got an email would check the thread so I think you are right!

1 Like

does anyone know if in previous years ucsc sent out rejections or acceptances off the waitlist first?

true!

I mean ucsc told me I was waitlist through the email… why cant they tell me if i was reject or accepted through the email tooo?

5 Likes

To the best of my knowledge only UCSD has sent rejections first and this year being the first time they did it

@Gumbymom anxiously waiting for ur thoughts

I not going to open my portal untill i see your results… I am done of seeing bunch of rejection throughout the admission cycle

really nerve racking because some UCs will title ur acceptance email with something like “Congratulations!..” but some don’t

UCSC in previous years would send out waitlist acceptances before sending rejections and closing the waitlist. Exception was the years that they did not accept anyone off their waitlist.

5 Likes

does the fact that it seems like all the same majors got the email indicate rejection to u?

1 Like

Same here. Got an email saying to login to see the admissions decision but there is nothing there. C’mon Slugs, get it together!

1 Like

which major?

It is hard to follow this.
Could ppl list majors / stat / email received today or not?

Eg

Cs / 4.0 weighted gpa / email received today

UCSD changed things up this year for the waitlist by rejecting some applicants but keeping others on their waitlist. Previous to this year, all the UC’s would only send waitlist rejections once they closed their waitlist.

2 Likes

I give up waiting… I think the admission office is close now and they would update us tmrw, I think the email was an error or ment to be sent on a different time

You got email?

1 Like

human bio/4.54/ email recieved

1 Like

Did NOT get email

Major: Psychology (in state)

Stats: 4.3 GPA, AP’s, Dual Enrollment with CC, Capstone Diploma, lots of ec’s and honors

1 Like

Education Science/3.76 /email recieved (In state

1 Like

I’m going to throw this up on Reddit and see what I can learn

5 Likes