UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

CS / 4.21 W 3.87 UW/ email received in state
lots of ECs /some work + finishing AS at CC this summer

1 Like

It’s already been posted

https://www.reddit.com/r/UCSC/comments/v84fzs/waitlist_decision/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Molecular biology, email received, nothing on the portal. Gpa 4 Something weighted.

1 Like

I don’t know how popular this message board is but there are very few ppl who have posted this evening relative to the size of the WL

Is it reasonable to conclude very few emails sent out?

1 Like

I think so since people who recieve this email would go on and check this thread while people who did not recieve anything wont check the thread

1 Like

So hard to tell. This entire admission cycle has been baffling

Guess all we can do is wait to see if the portal is updated at 11am tomorrow. Guess who’s not going to sleep tonight??

1 Like

CS received email 4.15 gpa in state
.this is pure craziness

5 Likes

CS 4.1 gpa in state, got the email friend who is applying with slightly higher stats also got it

1 Like

ooof, us CS majors about to get clapped

either about to get clapped or it might be a mixed response between several people, I just don’t see why rejections would come out on a wave first

Did NOT receive email.

Major: Cognitive Science

Stats: 4.5 W, in state, lots of dual enrollment

1 Like

We got the same notification to check. There is no update on the website. Anyway my D has accepted in UCI. But it seems there is some glitch.

i don’t see why they’d reject people before accepting anyone it’s so weird

But that’s exactly what UCSD did which is why we are now in purgatory

3 Likes

UCSD accepted ppl before rejecting them

My son got an email too. GPA 3.75 in state. But wouldn’t the email say congratulations if they got off the waitlist? I don’t want to be a downer at all.

@Gumbymom do u think it could be a mixed batch of acceptances and rejections?

2 Likes

My kid didn’t get an email. She has a 4.34 gpa for political science. Not nice to notify of an update and not grant immediate access!

2 Likes

I agree it is strange.

1 Like

yeah that’s what I thought but some schools just make you check the portal

1 Like