**UC Santa Cruz Waitlist Class of 2025**

My son was admitted off the waitlist on Friday (5/7) at around 430pm by email. Computer Science major.

He accepted SDSU Computer Science, but wants to go away for college and we live in San Diego.

He’s going to wait until 5/13 to accept UCSC on the possibility he gets off of UC Davis’ waitlist next week. Also waitlisted at UCSD. But same issue as SDSU, even though it’s a great school. Accepted at Cal Poly Pomona for computer science, but first committed to SDSU.

1 Like

This is a little off-topic, but I think UCSD is significantly better for CS than either Davis or Santa Cruz, not that they’re bad or anything. I understand wanting to go away for college, but given the choice (i.e. if he’s pulled off the waitlist), it feels like big tradeoff just for that.

1 Like

At the undergraduate level, all UC’s are nearly identical in terms of scheduling and academic rigor. I would say UCSD is better than UCD and UCSC for a graduate CS program, but it definitely isn’t significantly better for an undergraduate education.

2 Likes

no financial aid yet, they said it will start today and go through until this friday

recd email today just confirming that fin aid app was received. I guess they will start processing in next few days.

1 Like

Hi @caimom!

That is exciting to hear and congratulations to your daughter! It looks like notices were via the portal. Did your daughter also receive an email acceptance a day or two later?

Thank you!

Thank you! Yes, my daughter received an email confirmation later.

I agree - intellectually - UCSD is rated higher as far as rankings for colleges on a national level. But I’m a strong believer in a child going to college where they see themselves being happy and wanting to go to school there. So I support him going where he sees himself being successful.

5 Likes

I agree, my daughter got into Davis, which people tell her is ranked higher. But she also got into Santa Cruz, and thinks the school is a better fit for her.

2 Likes

Do you mind tell me your son GPA? Thanks!

it’s good to hear that kids still consider fit. I think fit is very very important, not just school rank. But as a former Aggie, I’d be biased toward Davis. I loved my time there and the college town feel is fantastic. Obviously Santa Cruz is an ideal location but it doesn’t strike me as a college town. For my son, UCSC just has the major he really wants and few UCs have it.

1 Like

does anyone have any clue(s) as to when the next wave of waitlists are released?

How to accept the offer, I cannot find accept button on myUCSC.

I believe the instructions on how to SIR would be under the message category on the UCSC portal.

Thanks I got it

1 Like

probably will be about 7-10 days after the first wave, so I’d say on the 14th or 17th

1 Like

FYI we have turned down the waitlist from UCSC computer engineering (2nd choice major). So far committed to SJSU CS. Waiting on SLO and UC Santa Barbara

4 Likes

What major are you on the waitlist for at UCSB?

My son turned down his waitlist offer to Santa Cruz. He is committed to the University of Arizona and still on waitlist at Cal Poly. Good luck to all of you.

6 Likes

Best of luck to him!

1 Like