**UC Santa Cruz Waitlist Class of 2025**

It is strange. I was waitlisted to both UCSC and UCSB for CS but admitted to UCLA. I’ve heard people tell me it was yield protection but there were a decent amount of people with higher stats than me at my school get admitted to UCSC and UCSB so I’m not sure I believe that’s the case. I guess it all comes down to whether or not they think you’re a good fit for their campus.

9 Likes

Has anyone heard back today? holding out hope that they may release some waitlists today

Nothing.

Nothing here either. Checked portal 3x already.

This is just painful.

1 Like

My heart goes out to you. My son received offer off w/l on 5/21 and just accepted. He SIR’d to UCR (only UC accepted to, applied to all except Merced) Psychology major weighted 3.68. Wrote about learning disabilities on app. DIdn’t want to go so far from home to UCR or to a CSU, and was thinking of community college. Dad, uncles, cousins went cc xfr route to UC. Helpful stats on transfer by cc, major, etc. here: www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/transfers-major TAG. It was rough, and he was feeling down because he had worked hard to go to 4 year out of hs, friends got into schools he didn’t, but he was bouncing back and registering for cc when he got admit offer. Visited SC campus last weekend and fell in love. That and good financial aid, campus opening up, and staying at home perhaps stagnating independence and growth in a too small house with younger sibs all factors in accepting. There is still movement on w/l’s (3rd wave should come out next week, based on pattern), but work on a plan B. Otherwise, it’s torture. Everyone whose transferred from cc has said it’s best decision. First year free. I think he would do better at smaller school, but he bought into the UC mystique and has “UC or bust” mindset. Dad and I are Cal grads. The current UC “tiers” are strange and funny. Irvine is so popular now – I grew up near Irvine and it was “meh” to me. I went to UCLA out of hs and was miserable – transferred to UCB. Probably would not get into either by today’s standards. Can’t wrap my head around 4.5 GPAs on a 4.0 scale. Best of luck everyone.

5 Likes

Happy to hear it turned out. My son seems totally fine with going to UCR, which is good because I don’t think UCSC or UC Davis are going to come through at this point. Community college was not an option we considered seriously. I am sure some students can make it work in their favor, but to him it would feel like a holding pattern and I doubt his prospects would improve as a result.

I read a lot of negative sentiments towards UCR and some worries about funding. I’m just happy that none of this bothers my son. No matter what, I’m excited to be sending him off to college and not agonizing about waitlists at this point. In the extremely unlikely event that UC Davis accepts him from the wait list, I’d be over the moon, but at this point, I might as well be hoping to win the lottery.

2 Likes

My daughter is in the process of registering at our local CC in the event that the waitlists ( UCSC and CalState LB) do not work out. It is a good option but we are finding it will likely take closer to 2.5-3 to transfer due to the number of classes needed and the opportunities for enrollment. Takes a bit of wind out of the sails. We are still staying hopeful and seeing if we might be able to make an OOS school work financially. Really appreciate this board and the support of everyone!

1 Like

Nope nothing here either…

Turn down offer from UCSC computer engineering major since got off waitlist from CAL. Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

When did you find out about CAL?

so if UCSC is following their previous pattern then we should see waive #3 tomorrow. thoughts?

1 Like

Yes hopefully. Not sure but I think that the second wave was a bit smaller than the first so UCSC might be wrapping up their final waitlists. But I hope that’s not the case and that we all will get some good news tomorrow.

1 Like

good luck all. their pattern has been on Fridays. so fingers crossed

3 Likes

Son just got off the wait-list this morning, Portal was updated, have not received the email yet.
Econ Major

5 Likes

my son just got off WL for CS!!! so excited!!

4 Likes

Congratulations! My son also just got off the waitlist for CS.

4 Likes

I JUST GOT OFF THE WAITLIST FOR PSYCH!!! idk what to do now though!! i committed to sdsu and was getting super excited but ucsc is my dream school! making a pros and cons list immediately lol

11 Likes

just got in off the WL for proposed cognitive science! no email yet but my portal updated.

8 Likes

My son just got off the waitlist. He is computer science major. He got rejected from Berkely, UCLA, UCI, UCSD. We are all so very ecstatic!!!

12 Likes