UC to UC? Possible?

I have narrowed down the list of colleges I’ve been accepted to and I am in between choosing ucsb, ucr, or attending community college in order to smoothy transfer to top tier UC ( UCLA, CAL,). I have almost completely eliminated Santa Barbara as it is nearly 3 hours away from home and I dont think it would be smart to transfer from such a prestigious institution such as that one after two years, might as well finish there.However I am no trying to devalue Riverside’s educational value either. Riverside is also a respected institution of higher education, but my ultimate goal is to some day attend UCLA. I would like to transfer to UCLA after 2 years at riverside or community college but my fear of attending community college is that I will spend longer than the required time to graduate and I also would not want to miss out on that freshman college experience( The dorming, transitioning, etc). Attending UCLA was and still remains my ambition and all of this fluff I’ve incorporated into my discussion may come off as extraneous and redundant but I hope it provides some significant context to everyone

hi! I have complied a list of what to do incase you do end up going to UCR or the other UCs that you got into and want to transfer! I was literally in the exact same spot as you last year! http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-general/2074227-uc-to-uc-transfer-2018.html#latest

@chocobun thank you so much!

Keep in mind that CCC transfers to UCB; UCLA or any UC’s are easier that UC to UC. If you get a high GPA (say 3.5 to 3.7+), I think you’ll have a good chance. This also depends on the major if it is impacted or not. I believe computer science or engineering, it is nearly impossible.