UCB Portal Astrology Discussion

yes

So is any of the portal astrology working rn?

i’m pretty sure uc berkeley shut it down yesterday around 12:30PM PST

So this suggests that welcome reception might not be indicative of acceptance.

At this rate, this thread at 400+ replies will likely surpass the main UCB thread with 1000+ posts by decision release tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Well no, because for UCI most people (IIRC) were able to access the welcome reception and they didn’t fix it. For Berkeley, most people were not able to access it, and they fixed it very very fast.

But IMO i don’t think its true, but UCI can’t be used as an argument against it

2 Likes

I would have thought the same before but since UCB actually took the time and effort to close the leak, I think we need to think twice before shutting own the possibility of the portal hack being accurate.

Im stressing out so much rn lol

1 Like

Were you able to access it?

Did literally all UCI applicant were able to access the welcome reception? I didn’t know that.

Oh it’s most people. Hmm, is there a poll for UCI

Yeah I was but I was also accepted into UCLA and I heard that it is impossible to get into both Cal and LA… So I started doubting the verity of this portal myth

4 Likes

3 Likes

Someone on ZeeMee reach out to ucb and this is what they said in response to the portal astrology

Of course they can’t say “Oh, yeah. That was our mistake, it was an accurate indicator of your decision. Good luck.”

9 Likes

I mean we should expect a denial of any portal myths - no matter true or false - as an official response, right?

3 Likes

It sounds like a standard reply.

5 Likes

idk it really doesn’t matter to me. I just thought everyone would like to hear what has been happening on other college communication forums

4 Likes

its definitely not impossible

1 Like

Is this the reason UCB fixed the leak lol? I think (not sure) that the timestamp is around the same time the leak was closed ahaha

2 Likes