UCB Portal Astrology Discussion

im not stupid i know how to copy and paste it just wont let me post the comment

4 Likes

nvm

Just send the id thing, the one for the welcome event in Sacramento is supposed to be “eaba7b06-bdf2-4ce9-ac78-b414129fe889”, is yours the same?

3deaba7b06-bdf2-4ce9-ac78-b414129fe889

was able to access the form before they shut it down but cannot with the link hmm

Mine says “One or more fields contains incorrectly-formatted data.” lol then I’m not sure how this thing works nvm

the thing is i can still access it with the one i have??? but not with one that was in this certain thread

That’s very weird tho

@ravegal did you actually register for this Sac event yesterday?

ik and i have literally no idea what it means and im freaking out bc ive only gotten into ucla and ucsd rn and waitlisted everywhere else so i kinda need this bc i do not want to live in la for 4 yrs

1 Like

i did two nights ago when the link very first started getting passed around

I believe new users are prevented from pasting links for some period of time until they’ve made a certain number of posts and been a member for some period. Don’t know the details but I seem to recall this.

1 Like

Anyone tried other portal hacks like CalCentral or Housing or whatever?

@ravegal OK well what may be going on is this. (I know nothing about code, so someone can fill in the blanks)
1)UCB shut down the “front door” access to the events. As in, you can no longer register using the basic apply.berkeley.edu/register link.
2) when you registered for the welcome event, you got an email (my son did). there is a link in the email that still works for him, as in, he can still access the specific Sacramento welcome event from the link sent to him in the email.
3) maybe other people cant access it using your specific link, but they can access their own from their email from UCB if they registered

8 Likes

Did you get a confirmation email from UCB post registration?

In my D’s school some of her friends tried to register but it won’t let them do.

scrambro is absolutely correct. The leak was shutdown by UCB yesterday afternoon. But the link in the email which was send works for that individual only.

1 Like

Yes but that was well before Berkeley shut it down

1 Like

yeah i got a confirmation welcome email from ucberkeley undergrad admissions

that’s exactly what i can do with the registration confirmation email! i have the option to cancel or resubmit my form.

same. i cancelled both of my tho cuz i was scared lol