UCB Portal Astrology Discussion

Probably nothing. They may not have loaded any decisions at all so no one will meet the denied criteria for now.

4 Likes

Didn’t they already send out some decisions last month though?

Those are all acceptances. No one gets early denials.

1 Like

Same thing for my kid. I am
Sure its nothing.

1 Like

Astrology never works. My son received many emails from UCLA such as “Feel at Home”, “Belong to UCLA” etc. and still he got waitlisted. It’s all just to keep us busy in trying to find someway that if our kids got accepted or not early. But the truth is that they load the data on the day of decision release only.

3 Likes

Of all the portal astrology I’ve seen, this one seems the most reasonable. That said, the best time to check might be the morning of March 24th.

4 Likes

No. Actually, astrology has worked for some cases. For example, stanford, UCB (last year), and NYU and I don’t recall other unis when there are more. UCLA’s email about feel at home things like that are simply advertisements that can never be a sign of astrology. All applicants got these emails.

4 Likes

any astrologies?

1 Like

Does anyone here remember when the withdrawal thing first started working for you guys? Was it the day of, or the day before or just a few hours before the results?

1 Like

It was late at night the night before the decision.

2 Likes

From Reddit:

Some people are able to access “welcome receptions” when they log in. apply.Berkeley.edu/register

When you click the link, a map comes up. If you type in your zip code and try to register for a welcome reception, some people are able to log in, and others are getting messages saying “not authorized”

1 Like

We went through the same thing with UCI. S22 was able to register but was waitlisted.

Oh! For a welcome reception?

oh so if you are not authorized- you are rejected?

1 Like

For an admitted students event.

Pretty sure this is meaningless too, but who knows?

That’s the theory :frowning: I hope it’s not true. I hope Berkeley accepts my sister so she can join me

are you able to register?

1 Like

Nope

wait a second. Isn’t this a link for an info session for NEXT year’s graduating seniors? (HS class of 2023)
I’m pretty sure my daughter (HS Junior) registered for one of these events

Some of them are “welcome receptions” which I assume is for incoming freshman

1 Like