UCB Portal Astrology Discussion

Looks like the portal astrology was accurate…

Even broken clock is right twice a day.

That’s not a proper analogy to this accurate indication. Your analogy would be true only if some students who saw indications got in, but apparently all of them got in.

2 Likes

Apparent by whom? By “all” you mean the few that checked and wrote here? That is nowhere close to all. Did “all” of them confirm?

Of course all of surveys, research, and information gathering poll does not sample the whole population, and that is why there’s a statistical inference. In this thread and reddit at least 100 people confirmed that indications were true. Broken clock isn’t right 100 times a day. Of course believing this or not is completely up to you.

2 Likes

Statistical inference doesn’t assume self-selection. I don’t have to believe anything, this is not a religion.

That is why is called astrology
I do check my horoscope every now and then.
I did enjoyed this and we are registered for the reception with an early ticket
:smiley_cat:

1 Like

It is worth considering that people actually look for these kinds of data leaks in form queries for a living (or other reasons). This is more like a citizen science version of that than astrology.

1 Like

Portal Astrology was right for me as well. Excited to be a Golden Bear.

It’s no longer astrology. It’s just an early decision.

Hey guys. I applied last year, Fall 2021, and got in. I was able to withdraw my application. The portal astrology turned out to be true for me. Unfortunately, due to some family issues, I wasn’t able to accept the offer last year. I applied again for 2022. It again allows me to withdraw my application. I hope the portal astrology turns out true again.

1 Like

did you apply as a transfer? Or just as a freshman again

guys I can’t access the welcome receptions I am so worried :(( anyone else able to access it for transfers??

hey everyone! I inspect elemented my withdrawal page and there is a hidden part that says “I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable” does this mean anything? or does everyone have that hidden part

1 Like

I have that too. I don’t think it means anything.

Interestingly, I just checked out my source coding and it says the following:

form.conditionalPromptConfig
it “field”: “b2b77630-6e69-4699-9986-d89930266€5e”, “conditions”: [(“prompts”: [“32b15783-17ca-4511-b4ed-6bec33c5d94e”], “condition” :function (form)
(return ( (true) (false)) :
J, {“prompts”: [“I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable.”], “conditi
{return (false) && (false) && (true);
H, {“prompts”: [“I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.”], “condition”: function (form)
{return (false) && (false) && (true) ;
49 )), ('prompts”: ["===RETIRED Prompts==="], “condition”: function( form)
{return (false);
51 J, {“prompts”: [“I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.”], “condition”: function (form)
(return (false) && (false);
53 }7131:

What do you think (if anything) it means that the ”RETIRED prompt” is “I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application?”

I also have tons of language in my source code about deposits etc. Is it too early for transfers to be thinking about this?

Mine is identical to yours, not sure if it means anything though.

For reference, the portal astrology didn’t work for me during co 2026 decisions

Mine said “I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.” Do not have the sentence like admission deposit is not refundable.

Mine also says that. Also not sure if this is part of the portal astrology but on line 643 of the code mine says “ Our records indicate you are not authorized to access this form. If you would like to cancel your admission or registration, please visit” and then it has a link to cal central. Not sure if this means anything at all bc probably everyone has it