**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@jaffa1 when you say two more waves, does that include the final rejection wave or are there gonna be two more acceptance waves?

I guess people seldom say things like rejection wave.

@yczhou777 I only asked because that would be a significant deviation from past trends and Berkeley has been sticking to tried and tested means this time around.

If you still have questions about FPF, check this out:

https://fpf.berkeley.edu/events

@xtanyax Two more acceptance waves.

do you know if there will be a good amount of instate acceptances in the next two waves?

wait so i shouldnt trust the fb account with like 5k+ followers right since it isnt the official one?

does anyone know exactly how last year’s second wave was? I’ve heard it was a mix of oos and IS but can someone confirm that.

@kash123 @gamingftw453 Here is a link to last year’s 2nd wave discussion. click back a little if you want to see wave 1 or discussion of when the wave one deadline to SIR was

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-berkeley/2134131-ucb-class-of-2023-freshman-waitlist-discussion-stats-p40.html

dang reading through that link that wave seems to be awfully very small. Do you guys think it will be different think this year?

just to clarify, will the third wave be mostly rejections with some acceptances or all acceptances with rejections sent out later?

Tbh you could hardly call that second round of acceptances last year a “wave” … hopefully its bigger this year

yea i also noticed that

realistically thinking about it, there is probably going to be only one more maybe big wave of acceptances because we are already mid-May. if the wave is next week then you would assume that after that it would be just rejections.

also any updates on the LS count?

It seems that the 1st wave this year is not as large as that of last year. Even if it is the same size as last year, we still have reason to expect a larger wave next week or later. After all, this is a special year.

OOOF this is tough news for the CSU system.

“California State University, the nation’s largest four-year public university system, said that classes at its 23 campuses would be canceled for the fall semester, with instruction taking place almost exclusively online.”

What will UCs do?

It’s my belief that the Western Pac participant states will all follow suit unless they get their federal funding. There is more than meets the eye and our children are the pawns. I hope I’m wrong.

dang, this is crazy but w can’t really say that this was unexpected. Most schools are going online for fall so now we just need to get used to this new reality.

Current

FPF: 392
GE: 72