**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Do you guys really think that has enough students? I dont get how LA is accepting so much more than cal off the waitlist since cal has always been known to have a way higher waitlist acceptance rate.

@gamingftw453 - it really doesnā€™t make sense tbh. My assumption is that Cal is holding themselves to a higher standard and trying to not show out to the public that they are under-enrolled or in need of more students whereas for UCLA it is pretty evident that they need students since they have had like 10 waves already. However, I have a strong feeling that this next wave will be a big one.

Berkeley may be aligning with some of their competitors for the top students - such as Harvard, Stanford, Georgetown - who havenā€™t pulled from the waitlist yet. Those schools might be able to compete for some of Berkeleyā€™s top admittees, so maybe Berkeley is waiting for the top tier to play out more fully before going deeper into the waitlist.

Oh but then how about the 400 spots for fpf and ge? Is that considered a lot? Man I really hope the second wave is bigger than the first.

I doubt it. Arent they just trying to fill fpf spots and thats it

Dang thats unfortunate. What a bad year to be wait listed for ucb

if anything this year is a good year to be waitlisted at ucb. donā€™t give up hope just because you didnā€™t get in the first wave.

idk man seems like the waitlist acceptance rate was a lot higher i previous years. But yea Ill try not to give up hope.

The number of students Berkeley could get from their competitors is far less than that they are to admit this year.

what was the last known count for FPF spots? Like 300+? and then 60+ GEL?
UCB doesnā€™t historically do more that 3 bigish waves right? maybe 2 years ago a few people got in during a 3rd wave?
1)UCB knows its yield rate is somewhere around 50%. Maybe higher during WL waves(kids who are admitted who enroll)
2)A lot of waitlisters have moved on (or at least should have moved on) to other schools

So if there were 4000 kids on the WL initially, after wave 1 and opt-outs, there canā€™t be more than 2000 kids left, maybe fewer. And they need to fill 350+ total spots. With a 50% yield rate, and maybe a fudge to account for kids who want to withdraw, that could mean 750 admits this next round. That is hardly a long shot.

yall seem so passionate about UCB which makes me feel bad because Iā€™m still waitlisted for LA but got off for ucb which isnā€™t my first choice :confused: I really hope I can get off that waitlist so I can give one of yā€™all the spot

Haha congrats! I hope you get well of as well LOL

i think ucb is trying to lower their wl acceptance rateā€¦ idk i think this is being too optimistic. Iā€™ve already accepted that theres only 300ish spots left for tuesday :')

@vickyhhhhh0906 You may be right. It might be optimistic. But this thread has thinned out a bunch, and some remaining posters have either gotten in, or leaning elsewhere. It could be representative of whatā€™s going on with the WL.

Also, the 50% yield could be high for this WL, due to the online learning situation. The school isnā€™t announcing anything until June, but people are wrapping their heads around it. Iā€™ve been reading the class of 2024 FB page and there is a large discussion among enrolled students about gap years/deferment/withdrawing. I have no idea how that plays into the WL, but students are thinking about not being enrolled in the Fall.

In my Dā€™s case, EECS admits off the WL seems minimal, and therefore she is emotionally engaging with her committed program elsewhere. Iā€™d love to have the closure for all of us. Hope that happens by end of week.

I guess LS is in more need of admittee than other colleges.

hey i was admitted off the WL last week and my roommate was late signing up for fpf and she said it had around 290 spots when she signed up.

When did she sign up?

Why are there so few spots left in Berkeleyā€™s freshman class even after it was found that they need more students due to international visa problems? The acceptance rate off the waitlist looks like itā€™s going to be 30%ish which is almost lower than previous years. Does anyone know how Berkeley managed to complete enrollment without taking that many kids off the waitlist?

Is this second wave more likely to come out on Monday or Tuesday based on previous years?