**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Is Berkeley planning for online for fall?

Hey just wondering, if the fpf program is no longer an option and you have not chosen a pathway after being admitted off the waitlist, what happens then?

you automatically get rejected

Anyone here not planning on going if it’s online

@aztecashes what if you already paid the deposit and they already accepted you to fall 2020, how will they reject an accepted student?

@alexchar25 You might be able to do January start, in fact it’s very likely they would allow you to do so since they have already accepted you.

@Rarecreature101 is there a possibility that they will take back your offer once they have already accepted you?

https://www.pqe.io/chat/cwl_chat_iframe.html?widgetId=74a7ff2d-746d-421c-b047-89dbf7f3e334&position=center&offset=0&hostPageUrl=https://admissions.berkeley.edu/&popup=true You have the ability to ask questions here from 9-12 and 1-4 pst :slight_smile:

@alexchar25 I doubt it. But when you pick the January option they do say “If your request is not approved, you will be directed to choose the other pathway or consider a withdrawal.” In my opinion, I think if you select the January option when no other option is available you are likely to get it since that is the only pathway through which you can enter Berkeley.

I’d recommend joining the 1-4 session; make sure to ask your questions precisely as to make a great use of their time :slight_smile: they answered a lot of questions just now

What does FPF stand for?

Did someone get off today?

They said there was a transfer wave today but that’s it

Is there any tentative release schedule going forward or just as spots open?

@harrisonfedor sounds like it’s just as spots open up, but idk

Yup its if spots open up

Did anyone so far get off the wait-list? Do you think we will all hear by end of this month?

@richbilly we’re supposed to find out our final decision as a waitlisted student by the end of this month, until then we kinda just wait to see whenever we get our decision. I haven’t heard of a freshman getting off the waitlist this month personally, but I’m sure that some people have

There is a UC Regent meeting on June 17th. We’d expect that would be the moment where the plan for the Fall semester is hammered out. There could be all kinds of announcements that week. Most people are assuming there will be some kind if hybrid learning situation this Fall. If that changes to 100% online, there could be some chaos with enrollment drop off. It is a tough bind for all the UCs. It’s possible the June 30th date could be pushed out even further if schools need to adjust and make up for students who withdraw.

Thanks for the info @scrambro! On one hand, its good to still be in the running and to still have a chance at Berkeley, on the other hand, not gonna lie, the Berkeley waitlist very closely resembles purgatory. Best of luck to all of the scrappy waitlisters.