**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

but it only looks like that on mobile. like on my computer it looks more normal but still different

Yeah, just the pictures on mine are not showing, for instance the UCB seal on the decision letter and the signature at the bottom of the letter are both just white boxes that arenā€™t loading the photos. Btw Iā€™m using my iPad so the desktop version is what is showing for me, but it is the same when I checked the letter on my phone for the mobile version

Cloudfare went down today and caused a bunch of websites (including a bunch of college websites) to go down. They have been coming back up all day, so this might just be that.

yea I think I see it now. When i go int othe waitlist faqs the blue box on top is missing. and the pictures are missing.

@wiwe908 what do you mean all text? Do you just mean all the images are missing? Can you still see the bear and stuff, any diff with ur FAQ?

for me the only glitches is that the picture in the top left corner is missing as soon as I log into the portal. Also when I go to the waitlist FAQs the blue box above that says Berkeley office of undergraduate admissions is missing on the top.

@collegeappacc not just the images but the entire format was changed. it kept changing back and forth doe but now its fixed

arenā€™t they supposed to give us an update by now. What is their definition of mid July lol

Lol fr, by the time we get to Monday its gonna be late July

lol its whatever. not really expecting much anymore

anyone think thereā€™ll be a wave today? They can only hold this wl for so long

@kash123 I sure hope so

About 4 people questioned them on the live chat right now about waitlisted students and their final decisions, in which they took quite a while to reply as we all just sat in the chat waiting. This was their response
ā€œThank you all for your questions regarding the waitlist, yes, we understand that this is a frustrating situation and we hope that you have already made alternative plans. Weā€™re working to get you a final answer as soon as possible.ā€

on the ao chat, they also said:

Q: Is it possible to share when we might receive a final answer, and whether the future releases will be in waves or all on the same day?

A: ā€œWe do not have a final date as decisions are continuing to be made at the campus level regarding a variety of topics. As Cecilia mentioned, we understand the frustration at this prolonged process. We are trying to accommodate as many students as possible as circumstances continue to shift. Students who continue to be on the waitlist will receive word from us as decisions are made.ā€

Q: (a) are you still aiming for mid-July (sometime this week) or has it been postponed to the end of the month? (b) Is there a possibility that the waitlist decision date will get extended again? Iā€™m honestly just really hoping for some closure now. Thank you for your time!

A (to both of those questions): ā€œThere is no specific date. Students who continue to be on the waitlist will receive word from us once updates are finalized and made available.ā€

I personally interpret this as them saying that we arenā€™t gonna receive any decisions anytime soon. What do yā€™all think?

well thatsjust great. Just the response we needed at this point

The waiting is hard, but we all know that the raging global pandemic has caused delays and confusion in every aspect of life. This is no different. Berkeley is a big, complex institution. There is no choice but to be patient and wait. As long as you have not been rejected, there is still the smallest glimmer of hope, which is, at least, for now, better than a rejection.

They shouldā€™ve atleast given us an official notification that they are gonna extend it again. It is clearly past mid July and I know for a fact most people are looking for a final decision on where they will be attending college for the upcoming year

i agree with @kash123. i def want a final decision and some closure. atp iā€™m just gonna view their silence/lack of communication as a rejection. i need to move on and focus on the college iā€™m SIRed at.

Can someone call the admissions office today just to see what new BS they can come up with?

aos said their goal is for us to receive a response by the end of the month