**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

I’m a first gen international WL at CoE. I hope I have a good shot. My parents and I will do anything to go to UCB, and I’ve expressed that in my essay. However, I am not as confident at my stats as it is not as competitive against some of the top applicant of CoE. Do they still prioritize stats when looking at their WL? (CoE wise)

@chianger531 On the waitlist Q&A, Berkeley claims that they don’t have a ranking system for people on their waitlist. I doubt that Berkeley admissions reps are going to re-read our entire applications because the fact that we are all on the waitlist shows that they already liked our applications and think we are qualified for admission to Berkeley. We are all equally qualified, no matter our grades. I know people with way better grades than me who were straight up rejected, so it’s clear that Berkeley is really particular about the type of people they admit or even place on the waitlist. I think that they will only be reviewing our waitlist essays and 7th semester grades when considering admitting us from the waitlist. If we all expressed how much we want to go to Berkeley in our essays, I’m sure that they will see that and things will work out for us!

@hotcheetos33 thank you so much! That just gave me so much hope! I hope it all works out for all of us.

hi guys how would the roommate process work for us if we are admitted off the waitlist at berkeley?
also, how are u guys navigating the roommate process at the school u are submitting ur SIR for? i submitted my SIR at ucla and i have ppl who would roommate with me but they’re hesitant bc I might go to berkeley. unfortunately, roommate requests for ucla are due may 3, but we don’t hear back from berkeley until mid may! this is so confusing! what are you guys doing!

hi @jaffa1 thank you for reporting about that.

1. when you say In-state is down only 1.5%, do you mean it’s only of 1.5% off of last year’s TOTAL enrollees at this same point in time, or do you mean that they are down 1.5% of the total target number of in-state in enrollees?

2. if it is only 1.5% off from last year, why would that make a significant better chance for in-state students to get in? Is it because there is a chance they will draw heavily from the WL to compensate for students who will bail out over the summer?

Thanks, I’m just trying to wrap my head around this

Did any of you guys talk about Global Edge or FPF in your Waitlist Essay? Or did you just check the box and not talk about it in your guy’s essay? Thank you so much!

Today well I guess yesterday (April 27) people have been getting off the UCSB waitlist for IN STATE and so this is definitely a time where anything goes… I still think that Berkeley will release decisions probably next week; however, just wanted to inform yall

@phatdoggo I checked off FPF but didn’t mention it in my essay, wbu? Now I’m wondering if I should have talked about it to show I’m interested.

I didn’t check FPF but can I use the edit option to check that in now?

@RifaSanj People have warned against using tehe ypdate now, as your WL thing might change to show as received after deadline

In my WL essay did we have to treat it as a why Berkeley essay? I answered it a little differently by talking about myself a little more and introducing something about me that wasn’t there previously in the application like my interest in sports, etc. Is that ok, because I didn’t see any right or wrong way of answering it? Plus the previous essays that I had answered in the PIQs all kinda showed what I would bring to the UCB community and why I want to go there.

@kash123 It was my understanding that there was no right or wrong way to write the waitlist essay! I feel like they made to prompt very vague so that we could each take it in whatever direction we wanted.

UCLA WL HAPPENING NOW

Looks like all OOS

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2178754-ucla-class-of-2024-waitlist-discussion-p33.html

dang is this a sign for UCB to come out soon?

Omg!! That’s exciting! I feel like it’s still most likely that UCB waitlist decisions will come out at the beginning of May as usual, but I’m really hoping it’s different this year. With UCSB and UCLA already admitting from the waitlist, that’s a good sign for us!

Has anyone seen a change in their portal?

It seems like internationals aren’t really getting off the UCLA waitlist… well, yikes…

If I’m an American living abroad, will I be considered out of state or international by Berkeley? Just wondering because OOS seems to be doing really well in waitlists while internationals not as much

I want to provide one more update to Berkeley that I didn’t include in my original essay (and it currently doesn’t fit). Is there a way to let them know somehow?

@maglor I believe that if you’re a US citizen, you are probably being considered as OOS…I could be wrong, but that’s what would make sense in my opinion. I know that the students at my school who are from other countries but are studying in the US are still considered international.