UCF awarded merit scholarships for 2023 start

It looks like UCF has started releasing merit scholarship awards. The info can be found in the student portal. Good luck to all!

did they give them all out or do they continue to send out?

I don’t know. There is a lot of discussion on the UCF 2027 Parents group on face book. Experienced parents there might know.

It seems that they started with the Pegasus awards on Thursday, and then Provost on Friday afternoon. My son received Provost and that was around 3:30 pm Friday. It was posted on his portal.

Hi, where on the student portal would they find this information? I only see the admission letter. TIA.

My son found his under Student Self Service and then To Do.

Thank you :pray:

Deleting the question, found the answer :slight_smile:

I opened my portal but I don’t see “Student Self Service” anywhere. Where is it located, or does it mean I have not received an award yet? Thanks.

In MyUCF, it looks like this.

You need to create a myUCF account. For that, click on UCF sign in on the top right hand corner of UCF main webpage. Then click on “Look up your UCF NID username” and then follow the rest of the steps.
I am surprised that UCF did not send any email or letter with these instructions. We had to find out by just poking around the site, which we would not have ever thought of looking for if not for, thanks to @MrsRev, for mentioning the “Student Self Service” portal.

The acceptance letter includes a link to Next Steps, and that explains setting up the MyUCF portal.

I thought MyUCF was for enrolled students. I didn’t see or didn’t notice the invitation to set up a myucf account. I’ve been checking back on my future knight portal for a week. I would have never known I received a Provost Scholarship. So pleased and excited! Thank you both MrsRev and Topgolf

Congratulations!

Did any OOS students receive scholarships yet? By when are the scholarships notified?

I’m OOS and I’m trying to find out the same thing. I have a 4.6 weighted GPA and a 32 act so I’m wondering what the average stats are for people receiving merit scholarships

What kind of merit aid have people received ? Interested to know

My daughter received a $30,000 scholarship. We’re in-state. She had around a 4.5 recalculated GPA and a 32 ACT.

2 Likes

Is Fafsa comulsory to fill even for Merit aid in UCF? We dont qualify for need aid but I believe some colleges require you fill Fafsa even if u are seeking merit aid. Is this true for UCF?

tikkar21 - If awarded, you will need to submit the FAFSA before collecting the scholarship. It is used for tracking where the money flows.

Does UCF have a priority deadline or they just have regular decision only? In that case how do they decide on merit aid? Is it first come first basis?