UCI or UCSB - Business Economics

<p>How would you guys compare/contrast their business econ. programs? I got in to both for that major. Any thoughts?</p>

<p>i'd like to recommend ucsb, especially with biz-econ...</p>

<p>any specific reason?</p>

<p>For one thing, UCI's Business for undergraduate is kinda new, 150 spots for undergraduate students due to size of faculty more than anything I believe. I wasn't even aware UCI (the campus I attend) had an undergraduate Business program.</p>

<p>I'm not sure about UCSB's.</p>

<p>Biz-Econ wouldn't be taught at the b-school would it? It's usually considered a social science.</p>

<p>Yes, I believe biz-econ is considered in the college of social sciences.</p>

<p>They are very similar. Pick the school you feel most comfortable attending.</p>

<p>actually they're pretty different rather than similar...</p>

<p>with biz-econ, if your choice was from ucla vs ucsb, i would recommend ucla, but now you're facing a choice between ucsb and uci...</p>

<p>not sure if you have done enough research and in-person campus visting/feeling etc, the fact is ucsb's biz-econ is one of the hottest areas in the entire uc systems that has a great program taught by faculty holding phd degrees from top ivy league schools, and ucsb has nobel prize winner fynn kydland ib Economics.</p>

<p>no need to mention its social and natural environment and the gorgeous santa barbara...</p>

<p>UCLA doesn't have biz-econ as far as I know, but yeah I know what you mean with UCSB and I was kind of leaning towards it.
I'm visiting on the 12th for the open house thing.
Thanks for your input.</p>

<p>UCLA does have biz-econ. It could possibly have the best biz econ major in world.</p>

<p>UCSB
UCSB</a> Economics - Faculty
UCSB</a> Economics - Undergraduate Majors
UCI
UC</a> Irvine : School of Social Sciences : Department of Economics : People
UC</a> Irvine : School of Social Sciences : Department of Economics : Undergraduate :: Program :: Major in Business Economics</p>