UCI or UCSB?

Hi, I really need someone’s opinion pls! I am currently attending a CC and want to transfer, but I’m having trouble deciding which one I should transfer to. I want to major or minor in Film & Media Studies while also having experience in Communications or Management (either majoring or minoring in one of these, too). At UCI, I would major in Film & Media Studies and minor in Management. However, admission to this minor isn’t guaranteed and I would have to pursue it “unofficially” and take the required courses over the summers and online. When I complete the required courses, the school will certify me for the minor when I graduate. At UCSB, I would double major in Film/Media Studies and Communications, since they don’t have a minor for either of these. I was worried this might take too long, but I’ve emailed UCSB, and they said it is possible for me to finish in the two years I’m there, but I feel like this plan takes way more work. Another thing is that I aspire to be in the entertainment industry (specifically in the entertainment business section). So my question is which one would be more convenient, prepare me better, and look good when I apply for jobs and internships? One last thing I wanted to mention is that I really wanna have a good social life, make lots of friends, and experience parties (the typical college experience). I’ve heard that UCSB is very social and has many parties while UCI is the complete opposite (this really upset me since I love the area that UC Irvine is in, the OC, Newport Beach, and everything). So my question is, which school is best for meeting all my desires, both academically and socially? P.S. at UCI I plan to join a sorority, but would that really help?
Any other additional information about both these schools and what’s best to get into the entertainment industry is appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

Apply to both and see where you are accepted before figuring out which school is best. If possible, TAG to one school so you gave a guaranteed admission. As always with the UC’s apply widely so 2 schools may not be enough. Sorry I cannot give you any specific advice on which program would be better for your ultimate goals. What is important is now is getting that acceptance.

apply to both and see what happens.
good luck.

It sounds like UCSB is a better fit.