UCI vs UCSD

I am a Transfer Student studying Mathematics and Science and hoping to learn languages and travel abroad as well.
I have been accepted into both UCI and UCSD and was wondering what the difference between them are now. I know that UCSD used to be the 3rd ranked right behind UCB and UCLA and is known to be very academically focused and a bit socially dead as I’ve heard. On the other side, UCI has risen up a lot in the past couple of years and in some places, is higher ranked than UCSD. I was wondering if there were any more upsides/downsides to each college and/or what each has to offer.

Congrats in getting into those schools! Not sure if I’m too late on this. I’m also a transfer student and I also had to choose between UCI and UCSD these past two months. I also got accepted to UCR, but ruled it out, so UCI and UCSD were my last two. I chose UCI over UCSD, even though I was really close into choosing UCSD because of its ranking and the program I got in for (visual arts-media). But it’s really expensive living out there and I was also afraid I wouldn’t be able to handle the workload as well. I chose UCI cuz it fit well financially with me and I felt a bit more comfortable with the major I got in for (Studio art) and plus the area was really nice too. I think whichever school you choose, you just need to make the best out of it and also talk about it with your family as well. UCI was not my first choice, but I really enjoyed the school pride there, gives me a chance to explore out of the IE where I’m from, and the program I got in placed a bit more emphasis on art than at UCSD. I’m not sure about their Math and science at UCI, but I have heard there are a lot of bio majors though lol. I heard Study abroad is pretty popular at both uci and ucsd even I was considering it. Again, congrats in getting into those two schools and if you chose UCI, hopefully I see you there!