UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

hi @Gumbymom. Sorry if you’ve already answered this up-thread (I could not locate it via the search). Do you know when UCLA Regents announcements went out in previous years?

2 Likes

Thank you!

I believe UCLA Regents invites went out February 9 last year.

1 Like

I see. Thank you!

Has anyone so far received a Regents invite?

None have posted so far on CC but that does not mean Regents invites have not gone out.

1 Like

Is there a different thread with previous Regent Invites with stats?? Curious to see how accomplished an applicant must be!

Since Regent scholars are announced with all decisions in March, you can try to browse through the Stats only threads for the last few years.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/ucla-class-of-2024-decision-thread-stats-only/2084496/74

1 Like

Good luck next month everyone!

4 Likes

It seems like UCLA received a ton of applications this year.

UCLA has been the most applied university in the US for several years running. California also has 7 of the top 10 applied schools in the country for 2021. The UC’s are very popular.

7 Likes

My son received an email “Feel at home at UCLA” today. We just want decision, why so many email?

2 Likes

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that email (before I opened it). Haha!

3 Likes

The worst are the emails about financial aid. The other day, UCI sent an email “Don’t forget about financial aid…”

Give me an admit and then we can talk about financial aid.

6 Likes

Wow! :sweat_smile:
They need to be more thoughtful about picking subject lines for their emails.

Reminds me of another university (can’t recall which one it was) that sent a Thanksgiving Day email to wish applicants and their families. They sent it early morning with the subject line “A message from the University of …”. Don’t know how many kids (like my D) had a panic attack :rofl:

2 Likes

Application numbers for 2022

3 Likes

It was UT Austin.

1 Like

Wow this is depressing.

1 Like

Wowsa. Thanks for posting.

Am I reading it right that in addition to UCLA, UCSD, Irvine and UCSB all get more in state apps than Cal?

That’s what it looks like.