UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

I could have the year wrong for when they started asking students to apply for Regents. Based on this post, it appears the first class that was asked to apply was the Class of 2023.

Ha! I said '18 but my daughter was the class of '19 so I meant '19. Two years of lost pandemic time has turned my dates and years to mush apparently.

1 Like

Heard on other forums that the kids who submitted their alumni scholarships had everything erased and had to re submit their application for ucla including piq’s, transcripts, has anyone heard of this… this doesn’t make any sense

The Alumni Scholarship application has nothing to do with the UC application. They are different portals. Transcripts should not have been sent yet.

1 Like

Yes it totally doesn’t.

So I’m going to disregard.

2 Likes

My daughter’s scholarship application was completely gone when she went back in to finish it this week. She had started it a few weeks ago. She had to fill it all out again. She was NOT happy. I told her to do it all in one sitting and submit it so it didn’t get lost again. I am guessing that is what people are talking about on the other forum.

4 Likes

My D22 had a similar issue when she first started working on it like a month ago. Since then she has been incrementally updating the data and making sure to hit the save and come back button. She didn’t complain about losing data after that. She finished her essays and submitted them yesterday. As of now, it still has retained all the data

2 Likes

Thanks guys I was worried but I thought that didn’t make sense since it should be separate from the application

For UCLA’s alumni schoalrship when they ask for cumulative GPA is that my weighted or unweighted?

whoops didnt mean to respond to you @Kmin78

1 Like

They ask for both weighted and unweighted GPA. When you do weighted, make sure you use the UC rules for assigning points. GPA requirement | UC Admissions

I’m confused about the GPAs they request on the alumni scholarship app. They ask for:

• High School Cumulative GPA (all 4 years); and
  • High School Cumulative GPA - Weighted/Capped

Whats the difference? Neither is asking for unweighted GPA, right?

URGENT!!!

I see the ALumni scholarship deadline is midnight today.
If one gets it, is it equivalent to a Early Decision? I.e, the student has to join UCLA and renounce other schools?

Requirements of Recipients:

Applicants must attend UCLA beginning the fall quarter immediately after the application cycle.

To me that looks like the first GPA they want is unweighted and the second GPA is weighted.

No, it is not an early decision and the Alumni scholarship notifications if awarded happens after an applicant is admitted to UCLA. If awarded, the student needs to attend UCLA starting Fall 2022.

1 Like

So it is binding. Hence it has the same situation as a ED, right?

Sorry to confuse you!

No, it is not binding. If you want to accept the Alumni scholarship (if awarded the scholarship in the first place), you have to first be admitted to UCLA and then attend.

Based on previous years, applicants will not find out if they are awarded the scholarship until April which is well after the admission decisions are posted.

1 Like

I believe it’s saying that IF you decide to go to UCLA, and IF you get the scholarship, that you CAN NOT take a gap year.

7 Likes

My daughter was scared it read like a binding thing…Although to me, if she got UCLA (and that too with a scholarship), that would be it…no other place to consider…(my son goes there now)…

So much for all the dramas last few hrs…

1 Like