UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Results are out at 5 pm pst im assuming

3 Likes
2 Likes

My son applied to CS. This report for the engineering program at UCLA is very detailed with acceptance rates and other demographic info.

https://www.seasoasa.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/seasoasa/2021-UCEE-Report.pdf

2 Likes

UCI Decision is out in the portal

2 Likes

UCSD is posting now.

8 Likes

…exactly the point I was making- thanks

1 Like

Only for a few. Really hoping UCLA doesn’t do this too

3 Likes

Just got into UCSD!! Anyone know what this might mean for my chances at UCLA or SB

15 Likes

I think it means you have a legit chance but these UC decisions are all very independent of each other and, in many cases, arbitrary. UCLA accepts like 1/3 of the in state kids as UCSD (as a % of applicants) so in an over simplified way, you’d need to be one of the top 1/3 of UCSD acceptances to get into UCLA. It doesn’t actually work like that but it’s one way to think about it … good luck with your UCLA decision!

5 Likes

I don’t think my son got an email at all that first day last year. It was in the portal. If I recall right, of the UCs the only one that he saw it first in an email was UCSC when he happened to get in as part of that weird February round before the main decisions.

All UC’s operate separately regarding admissions

3 Likes

We weren’t expecting emails that blabbed the news but he got them for Davis and Irvine (honors, last week). He was planning to open the portal when he got home, with me!

3 Likes

Same, UCSD, waiting on UCLA an UCSB :blush:

1 Like

15 minutes. Best of luck everyone

15 Likes

Is UCLA an email notice or a portal-check-to-find-out-notice?

Any news on UC Berkeley ?

3/24

2 Likes

I hear the email comes out later.

1 Like

March 24

UCLA won’t send an email til tonight or tomorrow. But it comes out at 5 pst like clockwork. Also admissions phone number is closed at 5.

8 Likes