UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Waitlisted
OOS Business Economics
Don’t know my UC GPA but going by my school scale I had a 3.95/4.37
Accepted UCI

2 Likes

Rejected! Oh well, got into UCI earlier today which lightened the blow :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I just consoled my daughter(waitlisted). don’t ever say that. College won’t define you. Best yet to come maybe. Don’t ever lose hope.

4 Likes

Waitlisted
OOS Business Economics

Accepted UCSD.

1 Like

Having two B’s is not the reason … don’t be so hard on yourself. You seem like you have a great academic record…and I’m sure any school would be lucky to have you. The UC landscape is just impossible these days- it’s like going to Las Vegas. It’s all a crapshoot and there is no rhyme or reason in the process.

5 Likes

Accepted into sociology! International Student From China.

9 Likes

I was listening to a podcast where the UCLA dean of admissions was the speaker. They use the waitlist to fill in their priorities so there is no rank to the waitlist. Your College Bound Kid is name of the podcast and the episode is fairly recent. Search UCLA…lots of insight.

5 Likes

also accepted at UCSD, UCD. SAT 1540, IB 44/45.

2 Likes

Have your son look into the FADE program his freshman year if he chooses UCLA. It’s a great ASME program for ME majors. Also look into research opportunities in the ME department. Several of the profs have undergrads involved in research including Santos, Jawed, and Hong. Our son was an NMF like yours and had a great experience at UCLA.

4 Likes

Why does the SAT matter? UCs are test blind.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter much, just attached for reference. I think it can count for credit.

1 Like

Congrats on Michigan - go blue!

2 Likes

DS was accepted to UCLA tonight. He did just commit to USD this week. I thought UCLA and UCSB would sway him if he was accepted. He said he wasn’t changing his mind even before we looked at the Financial Aid Award. I was happy to see him stick with his choice. Just nice to see UCLA accepted him.

11 Likes

I got UCLA today. Seriously left in shock!!

17 Likes

Same here. I did not expect an “Congratulations” at the start of my letter, but I did. Congrats to those who were also admitted and maybe I will see you on campus next year :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Their letter didn’t have confetti so when i saw the middle part in the beginning, i thought i didnt get in but then it was nuts to see the whole letter and the Congrats!!

1 Like

Ty you too! Did you happen to get an email from UCLA after? I did not get any email from UCLA after I checked my decision.

Nothing yet but I already signed up for the local bruin event they have.

2 Likes

Someday, you won’t feel the way you feel today about those two B’s. You’re an amazing student. I have one kiddo in college, one kiddo who has now received all his college decisions, and one kiddo to apply in two years. As a mom, I can tell you that as you step forward into this next phase of life, it won’t be perfect and it won’t be exactly as you’ve thought it would be. There is so much asked of our students nowadays; everyone is striving to be perfect and perfect is not achievable. Be proud of how hard you have worked and know that what you have done as a student is tremendous. Wherever you do end up going may not be where you imagined, but it may be some place you truly end up loving. Make it great!

11 Likes

Kiddo, there is somewhere you will absolutely love that you never knew you would. TRUST ME!

6 Likes