UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

When u guys say 10 AP’s do we count AP’s taking in senior year?

accepted OOS for Engineering
4.0 unweighted GPA
Lots of engineering extracurriculars and community service
Provisional patent for invention

7 Likes

A great day of yeses. My son has some thinking to do–big state school or small LAC. So happy my son has options. WIshing everyone good luck.

9 Likes

Interesting every single student from my son’s OOS high school were rejected including multiple 4.0 UW/35 ACT/10 AP etc. Historically several students have been admitted every year.

4 Likes

rejected- no point in life anymore

Kiddo rejected at UCLA but accepted at UC-SD.

5 Likes

Thank you! GPA weighted 4.45 Unweighted 3.9. Class rank 15/433. He was accepted into the musical theatre program so his audition submission and interview likely weighed heavier.

6 Likes

No way. Don’t say that. It is just a school. Be mad for 24 hours then get on and have a blast at whatever school you go to. College is the best time in your life. You will have so much fun.

20 Likes

It’s one school that got way too many applications this year. A rejection is not personal and is certainly not an indication of your accomplishments to date. Look beyond this as there is so much more to life than this moment. Good luck to you. Set a new goal, make a new path, enjoy the journey and be sure to do great things.

11 Likes

accepted!
in state
political science major
4.4 W 3.96 UW
hella ECs

11 Likes

Son accepted to UCLA, Instate, engg…very happy here!

13 Likes

Son denied
UW GPA 4.0, UC GPA: 4.33
5 AP classes; 3 Honors Courses, a few ECs
9% ELC - Instate
Accepted UC Irvine, Cal Poly SLO
Waitlisted UCSD and UC Davis

2 Likes

Accepted oos
So excited will have my kid post details
(Love this group of parents and kids!!)

8 Likes

Update: Denied for Mechanical Engineering

S22 was rejected CS 4.0 UW 4.72 W, ELC, 10 AP classes + 3 college classes. In-state. He was admitted to UCD, UCSD, UCSC and wait listed UCI

1 Like

Daughter waitlisted for Bioengineering. 4.0 uw, 4.74w, NMS finalist, track 4 year letter, orchestra, lots of tech ECs.

She was accepted at UCI, UCSD, CPSLO.

UCI was her favorite already as she has done several tech camps there and loves it, and they included an unexpected merit scholarship, so she is thrilled.

10 Likes

I GOT ACCEPTED FOR PSYCHOLOGY, STILL IN SHOCK (international student)

15 Likes

Accepted in state neuroscience.
UW 4.0, UC 4.44
Senior class president, rowing captain, neuroscience internship at UC Davis, lots of volunteer hours, clubs, job as a lifeguard.

She is thrilled - it was in her top 3. Waiting for private reach schools in next 2 weeks and then will decide.

Waitlisted at UCSD and UCSC. Accepted at safety schools Baylor Honors College and LMU.

Super happy for those who were accepted. And understand the sadness for those not. I do believe they will all find their place.

19 Likes

My son was accepted! Mechanical Engineering, in state. One of his top picks, so we are thrilled! 4.0uw/4.5ishW. 13 APs, some community college math, National merit finalist, National Hispanic scholar, robotics, varsity swim team captain, band, part time jobs, great essays. All around awesome kid and I couldn’t be prouder.

Also in at: Cornell, Ucsd, UC Davis, UC Irvine, cal poly slo. Rejected from mit and Caltech.

25 Likes

Lucas, lots of wonderful schools out there. This will pass. You will be successful no matter where you go!! These downs in life are super important for us to grow. Feel sad for a bit then try and let it go and focus on the next adventure. :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

3 Likes