UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Thanks! Does anyone know (yet) what this day is going to be this year?

@Gumbymom Do you know if we can switch majors within L&S during New Student Session?

Yes, you can.

From the UCLA website:
If you’ve already been admitted and you want to change your major or declare, you can:

• Contact the department whose program you wish to attend.
  • Change or choose a major at the New Student Session.
  • Meet with a counselor to discuss your major selection.
2 Likes

Does anyone know the difference between Bruin Bound On-Campus Tours and Admitted Student Presentation & Campus Tour? The former seems to be the formal admitted student event with welcome and student guided tour, but the latter seems to address housing and aid but also includes a tour. I am confused as to which one to attend (or both)? Anyone with past experience could throw some light…

If an admitted student, I would attend the Admitted Student presentation and campus tour. You would get a comprehensive overview of UCLA and directed specifically to you as an admitted student. Are you referring to Bruin day on April 9th?

I think both events are new this year. I called them and they said that Bruin Bound is the new Bruin day. The whole day apparently has admitted student events + housing and aid as a separate thing. The Admitted student tour is for people who can’t visit Bruin bound, but still has the tour, housing, and aid events (I think it is just missing the other admitted student events/Bruin day-esque vibes).

They emphasized that admitted students should try to go to Bruin Day, but if they cannot make it, sign up for the other

1 Like

Thanks @Gumbymom and @cicpokercs. Will try to attend Bruin Bound day given it has slots on Saturday

Has anyone received an Alumni Scholarship decision? Saw a timeline that said scholarship decisions would be released within the week after admissions decisions, but didn’t hear anything this week. Anyone know what to expect? Thanks.

1 Like

We haven’t heard anything. Didn’t realize they’d be coming so soon!

The Alumni scholarship applications aren’t read until after admission decisions are released. If they have their decisions, they may need to wait until after spring break for financial aid/admin to be notified. Also, today was César Chávez holiday for admin and staff.

2 Likes
  • Waitlisted
  • Econ/Pre-Business
  • California - no “hooks”
    *4.0 UW/4.4W, 11 APs, 35 [ACT], National Merit Commended Scholar, AP Scholar with Distinction
    Activities: Captain of the two Varsity sport teams, Youth and Government (state award), DECA (regional and state awards), President of a charitable organization, volunteered over 300 hours, elected member of student government, Boys State
2 Likes

Which school is better for prep for medical school, Berkeley or UCLA?

Daughter is admitted to l&s in Berkeley, WL in UCLA for human bio and society.

She prefers to be in UCLA, so will sign up for WL.
Her point is Berkeley has grade deflation more than UCLA. Also we heard that the med school conversion of 54% (vs 52 % of UCLA) number for Berkeley seems questionable since lot of wannabe pre meds get culled out in year 1. Is there any validity to it?

Also comparing the two schools, which one gives more scope for clinical research, shadowing and volunteering in hospitals? Understand Reagan is in campus of UCLA and Berkeley got none (ucsf is the closest one?). But is Reagan internship/shadowing easy to get?

Any in depth analysis is helpful!
Also, added bonus for us is son is in UCLA …a junior.

1 Like

Does anyone know more details about what takes place on the Bruin Bound days? My daughter got a link to sign up so we are going next Saturday - but the only thing she could sign up for is a campus tour. We are also attending accepted students day at UVA and they have a whole day of events planned. Does UCLA have more events on Bruin Bound days than just the tour? Thanks for any info!

This is from another poster that called about the event.

Thanks so much. I might call also. Just wondering if they have a big kick off event that morning where someone speaks etc that might happen before our tour time. I don’t want to miss anything!!

Please update us if you find out. Wondering the same thing too!

I definitely will. I’m on the east coast but will call when they open Monday morning! (I’m a planner).

Do we need to register for Bruin Bound? I can’t seem to load the event info. Ive searched and find a link but then nothing.

Bruin Day 2023 - Welcome - the only thing we could register for is a tour, apparently the rest of the Bruin Bound events are just taking place during the day with tents set up, etc. I am going to call tomorrow and see if there are other events happening at specific times that we should be aware of and/or if we need to register for anything other than the tour.

5 Likes

Thanks. I’ll check again and see if theres still space for a tour. Son told me tours were all booked.
I was thinking we’d need to register in general like at other universities.