UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

I might just go ahead and either call the admissions office or email this email address: bruinbound@admission.ucla.edu

2 Likes

Just circling back. I emailed admissions about Bruin Bound day and they said they only thing to register for is the tour; other activities will be going on around campus where you can talk to housing, financial aid and so on.

5 Likes

My son signed up for “admitted students virtual Q and A” for today at 4pm PST. He hasn’t gotten an email for the link. Anyone else has this issue or will we get it at 4?

1 Like

Did you check spam?

1 Like

Have a financial query. I believe tuition is due once a quarter, on 9/20, 12/20, and 3/20. Does anyone know when housing payments are due each quarter?

He told me he did get it but the email address was a student’s name and he was expecting from ucla admin

1 Like

They have different payment plans. You can select monthly, quarterly or annual.

Housing payments are separated from tuition. It’s our first year, and we elected to pay quarterly, so three times per year. It seems tuition is due first (so the most recent quarter it was due 3/20), followed by housing. Our housing bill is due tomorrow for this quarter.

@UWGradfromLongAgo Note that the total paid for housing and meals is the same, and they balance the dates so that no one has an advantage, apart from those receiving financial aid. In other words annual payments are a bit later (September), quarterly and monthly have initial payments due a bit earlier: Undergraduate Contract & Payment Information | Housing

I wasn’t able to find it on FB. Is it under another name?

do you know how to join the Instagram Live student panel event at 4pm PST?

Hi, I am circling back regarding the Regents Scholarship Invitation. According to my son, it was one additional essay, max of 500 words, in addition to the general scholarship application portion where you entered all of your extracurriculars, etc. Good luck to everyone!

3 Likes

My son also had one. From 2020 info it looks like the notification might only come out after the May 1st UC SIR date. Not sure what to do about that since getting one might determine where he goes.

The email says decisions will be released the third week of April. Just in time for SIR.

1 Like

Received financial aid email today and it says “freshman alumni scholarship placeholder for a certain amount “.

Does placeholder mean student got that certain amount or still deciding the scholarship amount?

3 Likes

It means the student got an alumni scholarship and they are determining award amount to be populated soon.

1 Like

Do you know if all alumni scholarship recipients have been notified?

That I am not sure, check your FA letter for the latest details.

We were at the Bruin Bound tour in campus today and asked about the Alumni Scholarship directly to undergraduate admissions representative. They told us that they are in the middle of processing them and we should hear back from them by around mid April.

3 Likes

The Alumni Association notifies recipients before Bruin Day which is next week.

2 Likes